VeggieBoards banner

Hi from North Central Iowa.

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Chris A 
#1 ·
I live in a small town in North Central Iowa and have been vegetarian for a year. I always thought it would be too difficult to be a vegetarian here, but it has been much easier than I expected.

Since there is only one smaller grocery store in town, with larger ones being at least 45 miles away, finding produce and other vegetarian products like TVP has at times been a challenge. But with some planning I can make trips to Mason City or Ames to shop for items that I can't find in town.

I still am so glad I decided to make the change to vegetarian and am working on becoming vegan. It is great to see that there are other vegetarians and vegans in Iowa.

#3 ·
I have relatives in Mason City. I've always been surprised that both Hy-Vee and Cashwise had fairly decent selections of food I'd want to eat. Plus there is a co-op (or was - it's been awhile since I've been to Mason City).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.