VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my name is Amy. I'm here to decide whether being vegetarian is right for me. I'm currently 210 lbs. at 5'1". That's very very heavy for my height.
All of the females in my family are obese. My grandmother was over 300lbs. at 4'11". I'm determined not to allow my genetic predisposition ruin my quality of life. I'm going to be different and I believe that vegetarianism can help me accomplish this. I'm trying to make my body healthier and stronger as my immune system isn't so great right now. I also look forward to talking with all you wonderful people here at Veggieboards! I hope to make some new friends and gain some insight in how to better care for my body.

·
Give peas a chance
1,715 Posts
welcome!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Welcome, Amy!
Since going vegan I've lost 15 lbs without any effort at all. Obesity runs in my family as well. While I went veg for ethical reasons, the health benefits are an amazing bonus. You can message me if you'd like to chat (I've only been veg for less than a year, but maybe I could help if you have any questions.) I hope you find the info and support that you're looking for here. Kudos for making your health a top priority.

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
Hiya.

Where in Florida are you? I'm down near the southeast corner of the state (Palm Beach County). Depending on where you live, some of us can probably recommend some good veg restaurants near you. Generally speaking, Florida is a pretty veg-friendly state from Orlando down. I don't really know about the northern portions, as I haven't been there since before I went veg.

--Fromper

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm just out of Orlando at the university as well. Veganism is the best choice if you are doing this for health reasons. I was an unhealthy vegetarian for a long time, but veganism has made me feel so much better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts