VeggieBoards banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, all!

I came across this site while looking for recipes and it's been so helpful already. I am a 3rd year veggie from the DC Metro Area on the md side. I live with my SO and our 5 furbabies (4 cats, 1 puppy).

Being the only Veggie in my family can be tricky at times but everyone in my life is pretty supportive. That and I am generally not one to take a lot of flak from people about my lifestyle choices. I am in a transitioning period, somewhere inbetween a L/O Veggie and a Vegan (I suppose a strict vegetarian) and I am comfortable with that right now.

Can't wait to meet some like-minded people!

Hang~Ten

·
Banned
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey isowish!! I am cat-obsessed, I'll admit it.
They are my passion. I used to foster cats for a local rescue org before we moved and I would love to do it again (once the puppy gets older and more settled).

Thank you for the welcome!!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Welcome to VB Hang~Ten!

I live in the DC metro area as well. Where did you live before this move? There are lots of all-vegan restaurants in Maryland. Sometimes we get together for dinner or brunch at one of these various places.

·
Banned
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you for the welcome, Amy, Animallover and VeggieJanie!!

TrueVeggie: Thank you for the welcome! I actually grew up in Montgomery County. Then, in 01, I moved to Northern VA with my bf for 5 years. We live in Frederick, MD now because VA got too over-priced.
Where do you live?

Piratemoon: Nice to meet you, too! The best advice I could give right now would be to try to find reasonable replacements for the food items you want to give up, first, instead of just going cold tofurkey. If you are struggling with some items, as I am, finding replacements for them will help you not slip up. For example, before I decided to give up milk permanently, I found myself a soy milk product I liked. It's better to go forward slowly at your own pace than to rush and end up falling backwards.

Thanks guys!!

Hang~Ten

1 - 10 of 10 Posts