VeggieBoards banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I might be the first Brazilian in this forum, I hope not tho, so hi my name is Alan and I'm a veggie for a while now, nice to meet you guys

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Small town in the inner part of the state of São Paulo, it's quite calm (well not today it's new year and all, so there is a show going on really close to my house)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post

Hello and welcome to Veggieboards, Alan.

Are they many people with the name Alan, in Brasil?
Thanks

I have no idea, I know one more besides me, but wouldn't make that into a statistic

That is a bit of an odd question, why you ask?

·
Vegan Very Metal
774 Posts
I just don't associate the name Alan with anybody from Brasil, it seems more of a european name to me. Are you a native of Brasil, or were you born and raised in another country before moving to Brasil?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post

I just don't associate the name Alan with anybody from Brasil, it seems more of a european name to me. Are you a native of Brasil, or were you born and raised in another country before moving to Brasil?
It's a french name actually, and yes I was born in here, we had a lot of European immigrants in the past, the southern states are filled with blond and blue eyed people, we also have an awful lot of Japanese descendants, I know we're portrayed as a certain type but the reality is that we have everything in here, and since prejudice pretty much doesn't exist we have pretty much every possible mix you can think of, so European names, in general, they might be slightly different but they are common, as in the majority of the names, also our nation was a colony from Portugal, of everything, Portuguese names are the most common ones!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Brazil Look for Migration and Immigration, it's quite interesting for a foreigner I assume

It's 6AM and I should be sleeping, sorry for any typos

Cheers Vincent

1 - 11 of 11 Posts