VeggieBoards banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I just happened across this board after doing research on vegetarianism and decided to join to correspond with others who practice the no red meat or poultry way of eating. I do allow fish (once to twice weekly), milk, and eggs. So we are actually pescetarian vegetarians.

I just started myself and my three year old son (the younger one is only 5 months) on the vegetarian lifestyle and so far it is working great. I feel like we eat cleaner and we are more regular than we were before. I won't go into detail about the "regular" because that is TMI, but you all know what I mean.

My husband is having a bit of a hard time completely giving up meat. So he has cut down to about two to three times per week. After all, he is from Texas...home of bbq.

I have more energy and my mood is more "up" than it was before. After all, I am a stay at home mom to two sons and a husband (and I love them dearly) so I was a lil grouchy sometimes...especially with the irritable bowels and bloating and all those intestinal problems. Again, TMI. However, it is amazing how diet and exercise can change that grouchy feeling for the better. Well, I have completed my novel of an introduction.

I look forward to meeting other veggie lovers and perhaps swap some recipes!

·
Registered
564 Posts
hello and welcome to vb i have been a veggie for a year and couple months now and this is a great site wiht great people i hope you find what your looking for ohh by the way

had to give you a wave that a great story by the way

well welcome and enjoy

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
Welcome to VB!

Since your husband is from Texas, have you ever considered making him a chili with ground beef substitute instead of the real thing, and see if he likes it?

Or even notices the difference?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.