VeggieBoards banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Amanda, I'm 23 years old and I'm from Texas.

I've been transitioning to vegetarianism these past couple of weeks. It is going quite well much to my surprise and to my family's dismay, haha. The only thing I truly miss is eggs, but my eyes have been opened to so many new foods that I miss them less everyday. I still have so much to educate myself on and I'm glad I found this forum!

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, unovegan.

Hey, NRAVegetarian. Thanks for the welcome. I'm from the Dallas/Fort Worth area. It's always great to see a fellow Texan! My family is supportive mostly, but I live with my sister and her family. She's always been huffy is she makes dinner/breakfast and I don't eat it. She's been even more put out now that I've given up meat, lol. She's getting used to it I think. P.S. I like your avatar tag!

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Welcome, Amanda.

I used to be a vegetarian, but after seeing Earthlings, I immediately went vegan. It's free to watch on the official website, I believe, and it's also on YouTube, in case you're interested in checking it out. I'll warn you, though, it's not for the faint-hearted.

If you do end up deciding to transition over to veganism, feel free to ask any of us questions over in the Vegan Discussion section.
Hope you like it here...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, Kimberlily1983 and lucky_charm for the welcome!

I have the link for Earthlings in my bookmarks. I'm planning to watch in the next couple of days. I just have to be in the right mindset, even though I know it will be hard to watch no matter what.

I've never been too much of a milk drinker. I've been drinking almond milk for over a year now so that's one less thing to transition over from. Since deciding to give up meat, I haven't eaten any eggs. Not purposely, I just have no desire to eat them any more. So maybe transitioning to vegan will not be so hard on me as I thought. I'm still educating myself on what to avoid in the ingredient lists. I don't want to overwhelm myself as I have a tendency on doing sometimes.

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
Welcome! It is definitely a good idea not to put too much change on your plate all at once. And don't worry, you don't have to be a vegan to post here. Many of us here still eat eggs and dairy (myself included).

·
Registered
238,393 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cultclassic View Post

Hey, NRAVegetarian. Thanks for the welcome. I'm from the Dallas/Fort Worth area. It's always great to see a fellow Texan! My family is supportive mostly, but I live with my sister and her family. She's always been huffy is she makes dinner/breakfast and I don't eat it. She's been even more put out now that I've given up meat, lol. She's getting used to it I think. P.S. I like your avatar tag!
I'm glad your family is being supportive. That is such a huge help in the whole transition I think. And thanks, I like it too! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.