VeggieBoards banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
I am Carolyn, veggie for a bit over a year and a half and working on transitioning to vegan

I live in southern NH, and I am a SAHM to 3 amazing kids.

Happy to be here and looking forward to getting to know people!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks! I think it is going to take me a little while to fully make the transition, I can't afford to just toss out everything int he pantry and start over...and i am a bit shocked by how many hidden animal products there are in things....

Quick question from the noob..I see posts here with "vegan" and some with "veg*n" whats the difference? I am assuming now that the latter is shorthand for vegetarian...but want to check

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freckles View Post

Quick question from the noob..I see posts here with "vegan" and some with "veg*n" whats the difference? I am assuming now that the latter is shorthand for vegetarian...but want to check
Veg*n is a short hand term which is meant to replace writing out the words vegan and vegetarian. For instance veg*ns don't eat meat (this includes and is true of both vegans and vegetarians.)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Vegan View Post

Veg*n is a short hand term which is meant to replace writing out the words vegan and vegetarian. For instance veg*ns don't eat meant (this includes and is true of both vegans and vegetarians.)
Thank you!

and BTW..I am in New England too

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppet Master View Post

Hiya and welcome to VB!

I like your username. It's my kitty's name.
thank you
Its fitting for me as I am literally covered head to toe in freckles

1 - 12 of 12 Posts