VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just joined VeggieBoards and am hoping to get lots of good information. I've been a vegetarian for over 21 years. My reason for giving up meat, fish and poultry way back then was because of some literature my sister received from PETA. I became a vegetarian and a PETA member. Over the years, I became disenchanted with PETA and some of their actions, but I never gave up on my commitment to vegetarianism.

I've been married for over 10 years to a man who refuses to totally give up consuming dead animals--but he knows that I won't buy or cook it for him, so we are able to peacefully co-exist
. Because I do 99.9% of the household cooking, we're pretty much a vegetarian home.

Anyway, I'm glad to be here and look forward to reading about other members.

Marian

·
Registered
6 Posts
What you wrote about peacefully coexisting is interesting. I often wonder what will happen if my daughter (a high school senior) ends up marrying a non-veg. I am always hopeful that she will find a wonderful vegan to spend her life with, but you never know what happens, right? It is good to know that there is a way to live in harmony even though you subscribe to different values regarding food.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Hello!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Welcome to the forums
I hope you will find lots of support here. Also, it is good that you didn't go back on eating meat after disagreeing with PETA. There are lots of animal right people and vegans who don't support this organization because of their tactics and use of women. It is much more important to find the reason within yourself than rely on any organization.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts