VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been hovering about for a couple of months, and thought I would say hi!

A little bit about me: I've been vegetarian for 10 years now, and vegan for the past 2. I share my home with two beautiful rescued hens, one of whom is enjoying a neck massage on my lap now (yes, I'm typing with one hand!). I used to post sporadically on Vegsource, but I was banned after I unwittingly got myself into the bad books of Jeff Nelson and Joanne Stepaniak. In surprise, I did apologize, but later I wanted to know what exactly I was apologizing for. On hindsight, I shouldn't have asked. It would have been embarrassing for Joanne to admit that she didn't like her competitors to be praised on her board.

Long story short, my post was deleted and I was ousted. No big deal, being as it was that I'd already developed a phobia of Joanne's board.

So...that's me. Hi!

P.S. I really enjoyed the April Fool's joke. I was badly startled when I first read it ("what, I've got myself into trouble over here, too?!") but really giggled in relief and amusement when I cottoned on.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Hi - I've got three hens, they're about five years old, seldom lay and have moved here fairly recently. Great excitement last week, one hen has spurs and they had grown too long. She shed a few feathers in the process but we managed to trim them. They chase the blackbirds out of the flower beds. One hen is too fat to run fast and thus gets cuddled a lot, the other two are crafty, except when they are sleepy. Hens are fun.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Welcome RGR! I've heard all kinds of stories about VS, and I know this place is much less stringent than VS.

What about those of us who never went to VS? *pouts* That's not some ultra-exclusive club you got going there, right?

·
Banned
5,034 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by skylark

Welcome RGR! I've heard all kinds of stories about VS, and I know this place is much less stringent than VS.

What about those of us who never went to VS? *pouts* That's not some ultra-exclusive club you got going there, right?
Head on over to VS, make a nuisance of yourself and get banished, then you can join.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LOL - so this is a crew of ex-Vegsourcers, is it? I'm glad I have company!

You don't really have to make a nuisance of yourself to get banished from there. I was expelled because I dared to praise Bryanna Clark Grogan on Joanne's board.

RGR stands for - well, nothing. I just thought that the combination of letters looked pretty majestic. :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts