VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
my name is Daniel and I come from Czech republic. I was browsing this forum for a long time and now I decided to register. I have been lacto-ovo vegetarian for a year (started in January 2011). I am vegetarian for moral reasons - for animals. There is only one other vegetarian in my family and it is my cousin (and she is vegetarian, because she don't like the meat taste), other family members are mostly meat eaters.
Maybe I would become vegetarian earlier, if I knew that it contain all needed nutrients. And I think that many other people would also become veg, if they knew it, but... they are taught from childhood, that it is necessary to eat meat. For example a while ago, I read one discussion (not veg related) and I found this:
Quote:
People after all need meat, nutrients, vitamins and fluids to survive.
->
I wonder why did she put meat next to nutrients, vitamins and fluids and why did she put it on the beginning of the list... (there is just one word on my mind... brainwashing
)

Well, I hope I will learn some useful things on this forum. I am very enjoying the "Stupid Things Omnivores Say" thread

(I hope I didn't make many mistakes in grammar, because I'm not perfect in english.)

·
Vegan Very Metal
774 Posts
Hello and welcome to Veggieboards, Daniel.

Perhaps the person in question is a an Atkins advocate, and is typically blind to the wealth of information regarding vegetarian and vegan diets, and also the cultures around the world who have thrived on a vegetarian diet for centuries.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Dobrý den! Já studuju český jazyk, ale já jsem Američanka. TěšÃ* mě!
Dobrý den, jsem přÃ*jemě překvapen že tu někdo umÃ* česky
... je to velmi složitý jazyk.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts