VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I am from OH originally (realistically a modern day nomad), been veg for 4 months now. I have been mostly veg for as long as I can remember as I felt sorry for various animals and as I have become more educated on the farming and eh hum methods more and more animals have been added to the list of not willing to eat. The latest being all the feed lots dotting the midwest.

This journey just took some time to find the right balance of nutrition and not depending on tofu everything. I do love edamame but prefer actual veg dishes instead of meat substitutes (although tofurkey is good). The goal is to event eventually become vegan and I am getting closer now that I have discovered coconut milk!

So anyways, I found the board, wanted to say hi, learn more recipes and hopefully find the information needed to make the switch to full vegan without the gas and enough recipes to not get bored. As a vegetarian, I have tried new things, experimented and have actually grown to enjoy cooking.

Also, I was a diabetic type II and my blood sugar has stabilized after just a month of being vegetarian (3 months now no oral meds) and I have lost 14 lbs so far without doing anything different besides the obvious dietary change.

So its nice to be here and I look forward to "getting to know" the folks here.
Daisy aka Cocoae

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Welcome, Daisy!

Just thought I'd add that not everyone who transitions from vegetarian to vegan gets digestive issues; I never had any myself when I went vegan. My guess is that it's introducing lots of beans and other high-fiber foods to your diet when you're not accustomed to that that's the culprit; if you're already eating lots of the stuff, you'll probably be fine.

Mmm, tofu. I'm still craving it!
(as mentioned in the What Are You Craving Right Now? thread
)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have always had a problem with gas, too much fiber and iron, not enough protein. Not that everyone wanted to know that lol. On the other hand, its calmed down for the most part at this time and being vegetarian has been a good experience for me. If I were to get in a relationship at this point, it would be a vegetarian only. I moved from OH to AZ and now having lived with a vegetarian roommate, its made a world of difference. I have learned a lot, its been easier to find creative easy meals and how to deal with ordering vegetarian in public. Plus its just been fun because she agrees with many of my opinions. Unfortunately, I am moving to Phoenix next month from Tucson area for more job opportunities.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.