VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm Caitlyn. Hm, this is really the only Vegetarian/Vegen forum I've ever seen! And I've been looking around for one, but maybe I just didn't look hard enough. Haha.
Hm, let's see, I've been vegetarian for abour 6-7 months, I know, not very long, but I'm trying my best. The thing that got be to start being Vegetarian was that I didn't eat a real lot of meat to begin with, it wasn't that good, plus, my mom began randomly ordering me these PETA magizines. I have NO clue why though, she's not even a vegetarian! So I saw all the horrible things being done to animals and man, I felt BAD. And from that day forward I've been vegetarian. And I have to say, it's done WONDERS for my body. I think I've lost up to twenty pounds, counting all the exercising I do plus eating healthier. It's great.

What else? I'm an aspiring writer. I love to write.
I'm actually working on a short story at this moment. Haha. My favorite book/movie is The Outsiders. Wonderful movie, let me tell you. If you haven't seen it, you must! Well, I hope I can make some friends here, nice to meet you all!

PS: I'm from Seabrook, TX, eh, the weather is pretty crappy, but it's okay.

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
Hi Caitlyn! Welcome to VB!
Congrats on making the switch and being veg for 6-7 months, believe me that IS worth celebrating!

There are others from Texas here; you can check out the Texas thread (in the United States Forum).

Have fun on VB!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hi! Your post sounded similar to me, except I didnt see any PETA magazines! Ive only been veggie for 5 weeks and like you, didnt eat lots of meat prior. Ive been enjoying cooking different vegetarian meals and even my husband has been eating them!!!

Anyhow, welcome to VB!!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Welcome to VB, Caitlyn!
Congrats on staying veggie and losing 20 pounds! That's an accomplishment that you should be very proud of!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh, wow, thank you all for greating me! The people here are so nice. *__*

To Amy SF: Thanks! I will check out the Texas board.

To Raspberry06: It's Rob Lowe from the movie The Outsiders. And you're right, he is a hottie. ;D

Thank you all again for the greetings.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
hi, glad you found this place. It was really helpful to me when I was quite new at this (I still am, really!)

Enjoy!

pirate x

1 - 9 of 9 Posts