VeggieBoards banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am Roger and I live in Salem. I became vegan late last October, so about a year ago. I moved to Oregon from Ohio late last September. I find Oregon to be very nice and very vegan friendly. I was not a vegetarian before I became vegan, but the transition for me has been pretty easy. I work at Fred Meyer as a cashier and I am attending Chemeketa to get my ASOT in Business (I am also working on getting a Retail Administration Certificate). That means I will be transferring to another school after two years to work on my Bach.

I don't really have a long/great story about becoming vegan. I became a vegan October of 2005. I went straight from a diet that included meat,dairy,eggs, and many other animal byproducts. I originally started for health reasons, but after watching videos and reading a lot of info it become a moral/economical reason as well. I still eat/drink items that contain sugar though. Being vegan/vegetarian had never even crossed my mind for 19 years of my life. I was always told you couldnt be healthy if you had that type of diet ( I use the term diet as in "The usual food and drink of a person or animal." not something you go on or off). It was my friend/future roommate who got me thinking about it. She had been a vegan for a little while and talked about it and stuff. Sept. of 2005 I moved from Ohio to Salem,Oregon and soon after became vegan (we watched some videos and read info and stuff).

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Welcome, Roger!

<<giggles thinking about "Roger, Roger?" jokes

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Hi Rawj!

Welcome to veggieboreds!

Your last name wouldn't happen to start with an ess by any chance, would it?

Because then I could call you Rawj ess and help fill a void I have been feeling here lately.

Thanks man.

Cheers!

TJ

·
Registered
680 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeezycreezy View Post

Hi Rawj!

Welcome to veggieboreds!

Because then I could call you Rawj ess and help fill a void I have been feeling here lately.

Thanks man.

Cheers!

TJ

you are somethin' else.

Welcome Roger! Congrats on your year of veganism. I'll bet Oregon is beautiful this time of year.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My last name starts with an S. Thanks everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeezycreezy View Post

Hi Rawj!

Welcome to veggieboreds!

Thanks man.

Cheers!

TJ

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawj View Post

Why do you have a void from not being able to to say Rawj ess lol?
Hehehe.

Well, you see, it's like this: There was a member here called raw jess. One day I noticed she had been banned for no discernable reason. All the more bizarre is that she was a great contributor.

Let's just say you've got some mighty big shoes to fill Rawj Ess.

No pressure though.

Anyway, welcome, and thanks for being patient with my silliness in your intro.

Cheers!

TJ

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.