VeggieBoards banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i found this thing on the vegweb site (http://www.vegweb.com) while hunting down recipes and it seemed cool cuz sometimes we (me n my best friend) get lonely being unsupported 14-yr-old vegans so talking 2 other veggieheads
(as my cousin calls our "type") seemed like a good idea. i just got back from vacation so i dont know if she has joined yet or not but i'll get her to sometime

so newayz, my name is Kristen and I am a 14 yr old vegan born in canada but living in the USA just north of atlanta ga. i have two positively annoying sisters, ages 11 and 8, a mom who likes to brag about me being vegan even tho i never say anything about it, and a dad who keeps expecting this to be a phase when it's not. i also have a pet bird, a cockatiel, named Kiwi who is having the time of her life over at my best friend's house cuz she was petsittin the bird while we were away and we only got back last night.

i have been a vegan for almost two months now, since my best friend introduced me to it, and i am addicted to peanut butter and these maple syrup cookies i found in canada which use the syrup as a sweetener
so theyre completely vegan which made me so happy cuz sometimes its hard finding vegan stuff ...but anyway just sayin hello and i like to argue so if anyone wants to pick a fight, good luck to you

·
Registered
0 Posts
greetings. you sound like you got a good head on your shoulders and know what you want. one bit of advice, though, is make sure you dont become anemic. women, especially young vegan women, need to make sure they get enough iron, etc be either through supplements/vitamins or just through specific foods. here is wishing you the best.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea, my mom has been trying to find everyreason for me not to be vegan, and one of them is not enough iron so ive been eating spinach and oatmeal and almonds and strawberries in addtion to my Total cereal every morning which is supposed to have all the iron i need for the day

i cant wait till my annual check-up when my iron count is mucho higher than both of my sisters

1 - 14 of 14 Posts