VeggieBoards banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello..

My name is Natasha and I'm so pleased to finally find a board of like-minded people. I turned veggie about 5 months ago and have since become an avid animal rights campaigner. I want to be vegan but I'm 16 and so still living at home ... my parents have threatened World War 3 if I dare cross the line to veganism.

Just thought I'd introduce myself, I look forward to getting to know you all!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hey!! I know how you feel. sry your parents wont let you convert that really sux. i'm 14 and still living at home i've been vegan for 4 months and vegearian for 2 years. my parents bug the crap out of me about but i guess i should be glad they let me convert in the first place. maybe in time your parents will let you convert. any ways HI!!!!!

·
Registered
904 Posts
Hi Natasha! Just give your parents time to adjust to the idea and they'll probably eventually come around to accepting you wanting to be vegan.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Hi Natasha! If you don't ever have luck with your parents, remember one day you'll be living on your own and can do what you want then

Welcome to VB!

·
Registered
11,759 Posts
Hi Natasha! Nice to meet you! Sorry the parents won't let you turn vegan, but like they said, one day you'll be on your own!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hi Natasha! Wonderful name. If your parents won't let you go totally vegan, keep your dairy intake to the minimum while you are there! And like Cissy said - you'll soon be able to do the things that you want to do!

·
Registered
0 Posts
:Hello fellow vegans and vegetarians. I'm so happy to be joining you. There are not many vegetarians in Florida. It's the most meat eating place in the U.S., so it's comforting to be with you all.

Mary

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi - me again!

Thanks for such a warm welcome!

Sorry I haven't replied earlier, I've been on holiday. It was ok but my Dad had a go at me a few times, in fact he went a bit beserk, simply because I wanted to know whether certain cheese was vegetarian and refused McDonalds chips because I didn't know what they were fried in. He's getting more annoyed with me by the day, he really doesn't understand. Also he's trying to make me eat fish (when I started being a veggie I still ate fish, but stopped soon afterwards)... humph! Parents can be such a pain sometimes!

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Welcome Natasha!
Good for you for hanging in there!
It's a good idea to keep a low profile and level head until you're on your own. When you are on your own, you may want to buy Animal Liberation by Peter Singer, or if your 'rents are religious, God's Covenant with Animals by Rev. Hyland as a gift for them.
Until then, hang in there and I'm sure you'll get all the support you need on VB!

·
Registered
11,759 Posts
Natasha - Sounds like you're doing good! If you have anti-veggie parents, I'd agree with keeping a low profile - that's what I'm doing with extended family, lol. And FYI, I think McDonalds uses beef stuff in their fries/chips.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts