VeggieBoards banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Shucks, thought you're were talkin about this one! I was gonna say, well, it took you THIS LONG TO REALIZE THAT? I luuuv veggieboards. I've been insanely bipolar and stressed today, but after yoga, Aimee Mann music, mi amiga, and veggieboards, Im happpy.

I'll check out the site too, of course.
vegan mania. Woo WOo!

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by portabella

Hey I making that cake this weekend...any advice?
I sliced some of the strawberries and put them between the layers as well as on top of the cake.

This cake is visually stunning ( good for impressing omnis)

Oh yeah- and be sure to use a soymilk that's white, not beigey-colored. I usually use Westsoy when cooking, but I used some of our Edensoy Extra while making the icing and the color was a little off. Now I just stick to Westsoy for baking and Edensoy for drinking.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
i am also making that cake this weekend because we are celebrating my son's 6th birthday!
it is truly scrumptious. the only advice i have about it is to REALLY watch it as it is baking because it tends to get quite dry. if the tops of it get too dry they'll come out hard and that means the slippery frosting won't keep the layers together. i've found that putting a small pan of water into the bottom of the oven while baking the cake helps with this.

also, really make sure the flour/soymilk mixture you cook together is completely cold before you start beating in the margarine and powdered sugar or the frosting will seperate and won't work worth a damn.

also, definitely keep the cake chilled after it's all assembled. the frosting melts easily and you'll have a slippery, tilting disaster on your hands if it gets too warm. it will still taste good, though.

i'm glad everyone seems to enjoy the site. i've worked hard on it over the years. it's in dire need of updating, though! i've got at least a dozen new recipes that i should put up there.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Kreeli and punkmommy,

Thank you both for the advice..I will let you know how it turns out. My boss actually asked me to bake something vegan for her cake at the office so that I could have some of it to (because usually they by a cake from somewhere for each person's birthday and I just bring some fruit for myself) so I'm really excited to try it.

And Kreeli I was actually thinking about you on my drive home from work today because I really want to make a donation to support you and your site...its a wonderful resource.

thanks again

·
Registered
904 Posts
That's the cake you were talking about? I'm busy drooling over the keyboard here
That is so delicious looking you could have the worst camera in the world and it'd still set me to salivating!

In other words that is a gorgeous cake Kreeli. Even after I looked at it for the fourth time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.