VeggieBoards banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found this over on Bryanna's message board<br><br><br><br>
BRYANNA'S NEW, IMPROVED LEMON PUDDING CAKE<br><br>
(adapted from The Almost No Fat Cookbook by Bryanna Clark Grogan)<br><br><br><br>
1.) Preheat the oven to 350 F.<br><br><br><br>
2.)In a small bowl, mix together:<br><br><br><br>
1 cup white or whole wheat pastry flour (or a mixture)<br><br>
1/4 cup white or turbinado sugar<br><br>
1/4 cup oat flour (I used oat bran this time)<br><br>
2 tsp baking powder<br><br>
1/4 tsp salt<br><br><br><br>
3.)Stir in, but do not over-mix:<br><br><br><br>
3/4 cup nondairy milk<br><br>
1 Tbsp grated lemon zest or 1/2 tsp. lemon extract<br><br><br><br>
4.) With wet fingers, spread the batter into a lightly greased or non-stick 8x8 inch pan.<br><br><br><br>
5.)Mix together in a small bowl:<br><br><br><br>
1 cup white beet sugar or light unbleached sugar (grind coarse sugar finer in a DRY blender)<br><br>
2 T. cornstarch or wheat starch<br><br><br><br>
6.) Sprinkle the sugar/starch mixture over the top of the cake batter.<br><br><br><br>
7.) And then pour gently over the top, but dont in any way stir in (yupit goes into the oven with soupy stuff all over the top!):<br><br><br><br>
1 and 1/2 cups boiling water<br><br>
1/4 cup lemon juice<br><br>
pinch tumeric (for color)<br><br><br><br>
Bake this for 35 minutes. When it comes out of the oven, the cake will be on top with a sauce underneath. Serve plain or with non-dairy whipped topping (or vanilla nondairy frozen dessert).<br><br><br><br>
NOTE: If you like it even more lemony, use a little more lemon juice and cut down the water correspondingly.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried this recipe last night and it is the first Bryanna recipe that I have not liked. The puddding part was nice but the cake was too much like a bowl of oatmeal. when I want cake I want cake not oatmeal. I am going to tweak around with it and come up with something better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts