VeggieBoards banner
41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreeli View Post

i'm dredging up this old thread to show you how hot my man looks in his brand new utilikilt. i got it for him last weekend on a trip to seattle.

http://photos6.flickr.com/8538502_f9237bf767.jpg
Hubba-hubba!

(He does need to lose the black socks, IMO, but I can forgive a guy in a kilt for wearing black socks.
)

I wish my husband were more adventurous that way. I have a guy-in-kilt fetish.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
I don't know what my black socks thing is. Probably dates back to when my grandpa used to mow the lawn in polyester cut-off slacks and black socks. I was a teenager. It was embarassing. I think it stuck.

But he's very cute, and I saw your picture once and so are you. You have nothing to worry about, even with black socks or plaid poly cut offs.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
I am not a fan of cultural appropriation.

I am from Latin America, and I think it is great that people who have Scottish roots wear kilts. However, I do think it is a bit strange for people who aren't Scottish to wear kilts.

It just reminds me of when those Bolivian/Inca style hats came into vogue (those hats that cover the ears) after a RHCP's "Under The Bridge" video came out. All these people who knew nothing of Andean Culure were appripriating the "look" to be stylish.

I think that kilts are ver nice looking on many men. I just feel a bit of trepidation when taking clothes from other cultures and appropriating them.

I don't think that this kilt trend is part of cultural appropriation. However, it goes too close for me to feel comfortable wearing a kilt. They do, however, look comfortable, and seem to be rather flattering.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Yumm!!

Kreeli, your man looks wonderful in his kilt!

Mine would look pretty darn good in one too, I think. And he's even part scottish!

Not every guy looks good in one, but a surprising variety of dudes look really damn good in a kilt. They don't seem cross-dressy or foo-fooey at all...very masculine to my eyes.

Grrr! Sexy kilty boys!

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreeli View Post

does your husband ever wear it around, just, casually?

mine wore his to playground with the kids the other day. haha, oh he got lots of questions from the little girls there.

"hey, mister, are you wearing a skirt?!"

"yes! it's a MANSKIRT!"

haha.
no, he hasn't worn it out in a while...it's rather dressy...he would like to own another one that's more casual, and i'm certain he would wear it out...

lol...manskirt...that's great

just to clarify on rodolfo's point...my husband and i had a celtic wedding b/c i'm part scottish and he is part irish (we have a very irish last name)...we didn't just do it b/c it was "cool" or whatever...it's part of our heritage, and our personal culture...but i do understand where you're coming from...

·
Registered
0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrodolfox View Post

I am not a fan of cultural appropriation.

I am from Latin America, and I think it is great that people who have Scottish roots wear kilts. However, I do think it is a bit strange for people who aren't Scottish to wear kilts.

It just reminds me of when those Bolivian/Inca style hats came into vogue (those hats that cover the ears) after a RHCP's "Under The Bridge" video came out. All these people who knew nothing of Andean Culure were appripriating the "look" to be stylish.

I think that kilts are ver nice looking on many men. I just feel a bit of trepidation when taking clothes from other cultures and appropriating them.

I don't think that this kilt trend is part of cultural appropriation. However, it goes too close for me to feel comfortable wearing a kilt. They do, however, look comfortable, and seem to be rather flattering.
Damn..I guess I shouldnt be eating Tofu, Im not Japanese. I wear Chinese clothing as well, Gung Fu class and in public because I find them comfortable. My TV was made in Korea..damn! And my Levi's..damn! and on and on..damn

41 - 60 of 77 Posts