VeggieBoards banner
21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Old men in kilts don't do much for me. On the other hand, Nick doesn't exactly turn me on, either. He's so much like a brother that I can't even imagine thinking he was hot. Sides, his gf is also one of my best friends.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Funk,

Hold on, I didn't say how old was old. To me, 65+ is old. I was not talking about kayakman.

·
Banned
2,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Funkified

i could dig max in a kilt...
That is a strong argument for getting me a kilt.

One of my biggest regrets is that no good photographs of me performing survived, other than studio sessions. Come beach-time I will break out the hawaiian wraps again. But for now, well, it's 12 degrees.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I would think it odd if i happened by a guy in public wearing one of those. Atleast where I live in the usa. I have a friend online from Scotland that wears one of those kilts. But i prefer guys that wear pants or jeans lol.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Oh god...I was watching "A Life Less Ordinary" (for the 3948754309857th time) today, and the end with Ewan McGregor wearing the kilt...ohhhhh man...

I was lying on the sofa with my head in my friend's lap, and I started squirming and whimpering, and I think I scared her...

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
I used to think kilts were too close to cross dressing for me to like them, but that was before I met some friends who wore them. Now it just something I see now and then and enjoy it! The ex hated seeing my friend Nick in a kilt, but then, the ex just hated Nick to begin with. Very very glad I'm rid of that guy.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Men in kilts reminds me of Prince Charles too much
and I never came across a kilt that was vegan. Though that tux pic looked sexy. New years eve there's always a few kilts around town here, and sooner or later they get drunk and flash their dangly bits. Or boxers if they are wimps.

·
Banned
10,763 Posts
Apparently at one time Kilts were not made from wool. Wool didn't come to Scotland in a big way until some era 150 or so years ago, when outsiders brought sheep in and drove out local farmer, in order to meet the demand for wool by people outside scotland, I guess in england and europe. I'm not sure what the whole story is, but many of the locals felt the sheep, and sheep husbandry, would ruin their country, and it did indeed damage the economy for many years, making lots of money for a few and putting many into poverty. I'm pretty confused as to the details. My friend w Scottish ancestry told me about it. There was a war between the sheep herders from outside and the locals, and the sheep herders won. But before that wool was not so universal as it is now, I'm not sure if kilts were normally made from cotton or hemp or whatever, before then.

I'll have to look it up.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Maybe they spun grass or polyester or something... (No, Soilman, I am well aware that plastics are much more recent.)

·
Registered
8,440 Posts
Would I wear one?

Maybe, it could be more comfortable than jeans in some cases.

Like the picture of the carpenter: If you work in a position like that a jeans can sertainly cut into some bits.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliciam712 View Post

my husband loves his kilt...and i love him in it!!

he wore it in our wedding...and all of the groomsmen wore them, too...

they didn't seem to mind...
does your husband ever wear it around, just, casually?

mine wore his to playground with the kids the other day. haha, oh he got lots of questions from the little girls there.

"hey, mister, are you wearing a skirt?!"

"yes! it's a MANSKIRT!"

haha.

21 - 40 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.