VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
kilts are a scottish thing aren't they? please tell me this site is a joke. please. anyone?

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
why so distressed, LF? it's not a joke. i see lots of guys wearing them around town lately. my husband is planning to get one, some day.

·
Registered
8,591 Posts
seems like every few years, the kilt for men (or some other skirt for men) tries to make it in the fashion scene. You say they are actually catching on? cool... I guess...

Out here, men wear skirts all the time, only they're usually hippy-flowing-cotton things or local style sarongs or pareos. takes a lot of self-confidence to carry it off, if you ask me... I wear a pareo at the beach a lot (but only at the hippy beach or the gay beach, never at the local-boys beach... I'm not stupid)

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
I don't know how geeky you guys are, but I maintain that this trend was begun by Patrick from the TV show "The Screen Savers" on TechTV. He wore a utilikilt long before anyone dared mention it.

·
Banned
2,612 Posts
Kilts are popping up at red-rug events in New York, too. I'm not a kilt-type. Skirts, sometimes at gigs, but kilts? Only for charity.

·
Banned
2,612 Posts
"The beer gut cut is for guys who carry a little extra weight down in front. If you're buckle is noticeably lower in comparison to where the waistline is across your back, I can compensate by making the front of your kilt progressively shorter, thence leaving it level above the floor all the way around."

HA! Now THAT is scary!

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
i was thinking about getting one for my hike, but i looked at the price and said forget it.

funny people, they had 3 message boxes come up warning me to first check out the sizing charts.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Neat - Nothing like letting Long John and the twins out for a little fresh air

All jokes aside, this is healthier than jeans for men, fertilly speaking of course!

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
i guess i'll always be a small-towner, i haven't seen many guys in kilts. i know of one guy that used to wear one to special functions, but on him it was sort of expected. he was pretty crazy and eccentric in a cool way, if he showed up in anything but a kilt and tuxedo shirt you'd almost be disappointed

·
Banned
559 Posts
there's those dangly bits again.

i've never seen anyone out wearing one just for the helluva it...a couple friends have gotten married in them (lucky wives!)...but ohter than that and the celtic festivals...no go. come on, men! kilts aren't so bad!

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
One of my best guy friends, Nick, has several dress kilts and a great kilt. He wears his kilts around school and loves it! I'm almost surprised that my conservative Christian college doesn't have some kind of rule against men in skirts. We have rules on almost everything else--the length of girls skirts, when visiting hours are, how many chapel services you can miss. Anyway, I think Nick's great kilt in particular is awesome!

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
the utilikilts come with an optional "modesty snap" for the man that is concerned about his "dangley bits".

i too think men in kilts are freaking HAWT. it's something about the legs and the flippy-ness of the kilt. rarrrr.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Max Power

Kilts are popping up at red-rug events in New York, too. I'm not a kilt-type. Skirts, sometimes at gigs, but kilts? Only for charity.
can we see a picture of max in a skirt? huh? can we? please?

1 - 20 of 77 Posts