VeggieBoards banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Salut tout le monde!!

I am an absolutely brand new vegetarian, and i just want to say hello to everyone, and i hope to start my new life here, getting to know and love you all.

My name is Rory, and i'm over here in Northern Ireland. If anyone has any tips or ideas whatsoever that you think might in any way help me, please, feel free to share, as i would love to hear them!

And, thank you all. Just by existing, you have all been the most enormous inspiration to me.

- Rory.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much!

I already feel so welcome...

Just got my avatar sorted

<---

Davey Havok. My fire and inspiration. Astonishing human being.

·
Registered
7,895 Posts
I think we do Michael, unless I'm living incestuous board hopping lives and getting confused

well I EXIST everybody, thats the main thing!!!! j/k newbie, jokes on me....

We're flattered!!!!

·
Registered
590 Posts
congratulations on making the switch over!!! if you dont mind me asking, what was it that made you go pro-life "if you will" and take the leap into this amazing lifestyle/family

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmm. Well. I've been considering it for a long time, i think i just always found it quite disgusting, realising that i was eating dead animals, for the longest time it really made me sick to think too much about it.

I just find it ridiculous that we put ourselves above other animals and ruthlessly take away their lives, when we really have no idea at all what we might be taking away. I have always been baffled at the lack of compassion and empathy in the world.

As well as that - AFI (A Fire Inside)

My favourite band of all time. They are my life. The whole band are vegetarian; two of them, (Davey and Hunter), are vegans. (Another two of them, Davey and Jade are Straight Edge). They have been the source of such tremendous inspiration to me and I respect few people in the world more than these boys. I am also a member of the Despair Faction, (the official AFI fan club).

Asides that, i find that vegetarian is such an amazing thing to be, and i have always aspired to be so, though, up to this point, i have so stupidly ignored what i was doing...

·
Registered
7,895 Posts
Good for you, never to late to be a better person... or to realize the better self that you denied for so long, but thats common enough I only wish more people would own up the way you have (a fair of amount do actually when first coming to VB, but still not enough) and put their vegan sushi where their meat sushi is, etc...

How do you define the genre of these bands? ......loosely speaking.....?

is it dark sounding music?

·
Registered
7,895 Posts
Will do..... later......(ps, you may note in my last post my edit in brackets, but anyway more people needed in like how you present yourself and quest for veganism!!...)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Why thank you very much!

Oh, and since i apparently can't post external links to videos for you, if you have time, i recommend you youtube a few AFI videos, like:

Girl's not Grey

Leaving Song Pt. 2

Love Like Winter

·
Registered
7,895 Posts
Yippedy doo dah!!!!!

I think that says enough
= I quite like!!!!

I discover I know 2 songs so far, the "Miss Murder" song, and Girl's not Grey~ I don't know which others, as far as I'm aware (I've yet to find out).....

I heard & saw some straight plays or slight variations of differing quality etc, but on a more humourous side, I've chosen to post this one, for others like me to enjoy, who DOH might know AFI, but seldom know the band names of songs they hear !....and Love Winter is not one I've heard... so lets showcase this:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"Love Like Winter" aka this version is a bit hilarious, (not that I want to take the piss out of your music S147, but

hoping you have a humourous side as I already mentioned, think of it as just another method of appreciation, at least from one standpoint)

[posted on Utube by SophieOk]

·
Registered
7,895 Posts
Hell yeah you beotch!!!! Snowfall is always a pleasure for me too...so long as I'm not freezing my balls off making a funtime video of clandestine monkeying around... Now who the hell rhymmed Snowfall with Snowball, oh oh I did, just, okay.. I should not be thinking of trivial things like that, I should mind the branch!! Ahhhh, dammit.... Got it right in the eye, oh wait DAVEY, I'm having second thoughts, will this video actually come off? Yeah its blinding already.....

·
Registered
7,895 Posts
Hell yeah you beotch!!!! Snowfall is always a pleasure for me too...so long as I'm not freezing my balls off making a funtime video of clandestine monkeying around... Now who the hell rhymmed Snowfall with Snowball, oh oh I did, just, okay.. I should not be thinking of trivial things like that, I should mind the branch!! Ahhhh, dammit.... Got it right in the eye, oh wait DAVEY, I'm having second thoughts, will this video actually come off? Yeah its blinding already.....

·
Registered
7,895 Posts
Are you still kickin it S147 ?? Still with us at VB ?

Its okay, you can answer in denial if you want, j/k, or maybe what VB is, is fleeting for some people, are you one of them? It doesn't matter, I'm just wondering, and that is maybe the way it should be.. isn't it?... Nevermind, just wondering what you made of VB, not so much is it good or bad, but what has it done for you so far, kinda thing.... Hence me wondering what tangent you've been on in the meantime.... and what success you've had with your diet switch-over.

Anyways, thanx once again for introducing this brand of music to me.... however I end up rating it. Catch ya later.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow147 View Post

Hmm. Well. I've been considering it for a long time, i think i just always found it quite disgusting, realising that i was eating dead animals, for the longest time it really made me sick to think too much about it.

I just find it ridiculous that we put ourselves above other animals and ruthlessly take away their lives, when we really have no idea at all what we might be taking away. I have always been baffled at the lack of compassion and empathy in the world.

As well as that - AFI (A Fire Inside)

My favourite band of all time. They are my life. The whole band are vegetarian; two of them, (Davey and Hunter), are vegans. (Another two of them, Davey and Jade are Straight Edge). They have been the source of such tremendous inspiration to me and I respect few people in the world more than these boys. I am also a member of the Despair Faction, (the official AFI fan club).

Asides that, i find that vegetarian is such an amazing thing to be, and i have always aspired to be so, though, up to this point, i have so stupidly ignored what i was doing...
I had no idea that the band members in AFI are vegan and vegetarian. I really dig one of their songs on the radio: "Love Like Winter".

1 - 19 of 19 Posts