VeggieBoards banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts
I think the shopping trip is a good idea. Missleigh and another friend have been to Whole Foods and another health food store with me. They told me what they liked, how to cook certain things, what were good sources of certain nutrients, etc. Very helpful.

I have thought about starting a cooking class in my community for vegetarian teens and parents and/or a "Veg*n 101" cooking class for anyone who was interested. I would include a trip to the HFS, how to navigate a menu for veg*n foods and maybe a section on veg*n/omni relationships.

Now I need to get off my ass and do it!

I think a community space thing is a great idea. Put up ads in grocery stores for when it's happening and get people to sign up that way.

I think it's a great idea to get veganism out there in a friendly way.

Or, if putting on an entire vegan dinner is prohibitively expensive and/or you don't have enough fellow vegan helpers, how about this: Passing out samples, like the supermarkets do, along with free recipe cards. At whatever public events you can latch on to.

My town has a summer festival with a huge variety of events ... I already missed the one where this would have worked fantastically. (There's a downtown art event where, in addition to the displays, locals lay out free drinks and hors d'oeuvre.) *starts making plans for next year*

Another one: church (and other) groups often get permission to hand out free food in front of my two local Kroger stores. They typically pass out soft drinks, hot dogs, and literature. So why can't we pass out veggie dogs, Bocas, whatever??? Or other samples, with free recipe cards? Hey, just proselytizing like everybody else....

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.