VeggieBoards banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi Brittany,

What kind of cleanse is your recipe for?

I've taken some cleansing herbs for liver and general colon cleansing and they seem to be effective. I use "Nature's Secret" brand formulas, primarily. I also have used Yogi Tea brand "Detox Tea".

Hope this helps

Judy

·
Banned
2,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by irongrl

I use "Nature's Secret" brand formulas, primarily. I also have used Yogi Tea brand "Detox Tea".
Wikkid. I use those two, also. I eat only steamed white rice for 3 days with it. Four times/year - around the time of the change in seasons. Good stuff.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi there:

I've done the Wildrose herbal detox cleanse and i LOVED it.

It's a 12 day cleans so it is rather long but there is ALOT of food to choose from so you aren't really limited, of course no dairy, no flour products(rice cakes are your best friend on this cleanse) and no sugar(that's the hard one!)

i stuck to it and i felt a little sick the first day or two but after that i felt "clean" can't explain it other than that, my bloated stomach totally went away, my sinuses cleared up and i felt GREAT every morning.

Although it was long i really enjoyed it, for more info you can go their website: www.wildrose.com

good luck

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The recipe I have is to take 2-4 physillium hulls (the stuff in metamucil) and 2 cascara sagrada caplets with 8 oz. of organic apple juice. You're supposed to add a tbsp each aloe vera juice/gel, and liquid chlorophyl to the apple juice. It said to do it for 10-14 days. I already have all the stuff but I'm still new to all this so I wanted to check with you guys....I got so excited about it (yeah, loser, i know) that I went out and bought all the stuff right away. Although I didn't know that you weren't supposed to eat all that stuff while i was doing it. Is there anything else that's restricted while i'm doing the cleanse (colon by the way.)

Oh and also...this is really gross, but i've noticed the break up of a lot of...er...mucous...I read it's part of a "healing crisis" but is this normal.

Sorry I'm weird, but I'd really like to know. Thanks for all of your help so far.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Getting rid of mucous is a good sign, from everything I've read about cleansing. Cascara Sagrada is a good colon cleanser and I think that the apple juice is supposed to make the gall bladder contract and dump it's contents into the colon, for more cleansing. There

is a website I've gone to that has alot of information on cleansing:

http://www.curezone.com

Good luck with your cleansing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.