VeggieBoards banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else tried this? I used Rainbow, the deep auburn color, and it turned the streak i tested copper-ish (which i wanted), but only a shade lighter than my real hair. I guess I didn't leave it on long enough. Any tips?

·
Registered
0 Posts
I use henna from Lush. Make sure you use hot water. And don't use any metal when mixing it. I usually mix mine up, cover it with plastic wrap and set it somewhere warm for about a half hour. That gives it time to cure. After I put it on my hair, I cover it with a plastic shower cap and let it sit for a couple hours. Henna won't really lighten the hair if that's what you are going for. Or do you want a more intense color? You can add things to the water. Like, if you want a more intense brown you can add instant coffee. Or, if you want more red you can add paprika. Go to the Lush forums and look up henna. They have some great tips there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.