VeggieBoards banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to do this veg thing.. and i am having a really hard time planning out my meals for the day.. can someone post a normal days worth of meals so i can see what to eat and how to go about the meals thanks Christeanna

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Breakfast - Cereal with almond milk
Snack - Fruit
Lunch - Veggie sandwich, salad, or leftovers
Snack - Nuts
Dinner - Soup, stirfry, pizza, lasagne, spaghetti, veggie burgers/hotdogs...

It's all very easy once you have a few key recipes

·
Herbivorous Urchin
9,717 Posts
There are lot of threads like this, you may try searching.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
does anyone know if mini wheats or which cereals are ok to eat... im not doing vegan so... i will be drinking milk and so forth

·
Herbivorous Urchin
9,717 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristeannaC View Post

does anyone know if mini wheats or which cereals are ok to eat... im not doing vegan so... i will be drinking milk and so forth
That makes almost any cereal okay then, maybe not the ones with marshmallows.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristeannaC View Post

Well, like River said, if you're not vegan, then most cereals should be okay. But if you're avoiding gelatin, then ones with marshmallows would be a bad idea. FYI, frosted mini-wheats do have gelatin. I used to eat them before I became veg

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
^Yep watch out for sneaky gelatin in frosted things (cereals, pop tarts, sweets) and other random food items. Beef/chicken fat also creeps up in the most unexpected places as well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I don't know about the lipton green citrus, but I wanted to comment on what to eat as a new vegetarian. I started eating veg not that long ago, and it seemed overwhelming to me at first. But then I did some research online about foods that most people who are non-veg eat and don't even realize they are eating vegetarian! Don't underestimate something as simple as a pb&j sandwich or some pasta and marinara sauce! Also, if you are not opposed to eating eggs, you have tons of options there (and tofu scramble tastes great if you want to avoid eggs). My typical day might include a non-marshmallow cereal with almond milk, fruit for snacks, pb&j or bean burrito for lunch and pasta or a garden burger for dinner. I don't like to cook, so these types of foods are staples for me. I've recently been getting into making myself a fruit or green smoothie because if I know I'm going to have a cheese pizza for dinner, I want to also have something healthy! What helped me at the beginning was finding junk foods that were vegan or vegetarian. There is a list of vegan foods on Peta's website that is mostly junk food, but I was really happy to have a list of foods I was familiar with that were in line with my new lifestyle. I hope this helps!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Vsnod,

I LOVE your cat. Orange Tabbies are the best. I've owned a couple and there is nothing like them. What is his/her name?

Laura

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks, Laura! His name is Julius and he was the best cat I've ever had, so much personality! Unfortunately he had feline leukemia when I adopted him and he only lived for 4 years. He died in May. :-( I just love that picture of him so I used it for veggie boards! Now that I think of it, is it creepy to have a picture of your deceased pet on here? Maybe I should update it....

·
Registered
668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsnod View Post

Thanks, Laura! His name is Julius and he was the best cat I've ever had, so much personality! Unfortunately he had feline leukemia when I adopted him and he only lived for 4 years. He died in May. :-( I just love that picture of him so I used it for veggie boards! Now that I think of it, is it creepy to have a picture of your deceased pet on here? Maybe I should update it....
It is not creepy to have his picture as your avatar. My baby, Jesse, in my avatar, also has feline leukemia. He unknowingly caught it from my orange tabby, Sam, who passed away at about 7 years old. Jesse is doing wonderful, though. He just had dental surgery and all of his lab work came back perfect. The vet was shocked. He's about 6 yrs. old and he still acts like a kitten. He is the love of my life. Sam was a wonderful cat, too, and I was devastated when I lost him. We had no idea he had FelV, as we had also adopted him from a shelter.

Laura

1 - 16 of 16 Posts