VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I want to write some letters to some of my favorite shoe companies, such as etnies and DCs to ask them to consider making fake leather (vegan) shoes. I know talking to them about animal rights wont do a thing, its not a concern to them and all their other shoes are leather. What I do think they will respond to, is being told that having a vegan alternative in their appealing styles will earn them a lot of money. I'm not sure exactly how to go about this, or exactly what to say. How could I convince them that it is a new trend, and a lot of people will buy them?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm not sure how to go about that, either. I suggest writing a personal letter from your heart. You could tell them that you love their style of shoes, and that's very difficult to find non-leather alternatives that have their same style. You could also mention some other mainstream companies that are making non-leather shoes to show that it's not uncommon, and they have competition for your dollars.

However you write the letter, good luck with it.

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
etnies already make some pretty cool rubber shoes (don't think crocs! they look good, honest, like normal skate shoes!) that I've been thinking about getting for while. Not that that helps with your letter writing, but I thought I'd let you know.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got a letter back from DCs. "Thanks for the email. I'm happy to tell you that within in the next 12 months we will be releasing many shoes made purely of synthetics. Most of these will be apart of our "lifestyle" line of shoes. DC currently produces several models that are vegan friendly. For availability please check our online store. Most models have at least one sku that is available with synthetics."

Mostly, I'm looking for a vegan "suede" style of shoe. a lot of their vegan styles arent avalible in youth sizes. I wear a 3 in youth and its hard enough to find shoes.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by isowish View Post

etnies already make some pretty cool rubber shoes (don't think crocs! they look good, honest, like normal skate shoes!) that I've been thinking about getting for while. Not that that helps with your letter writing, but I thought I'd let you know.
I'll look into that thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts