VeggieBoards banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been a vegeatarian for a long time. I've recently given birth to my 5th child and it seems she is very sensitive to foods I am eating.<br><br><br><br>
It appears I cannot eat:<br><br>
garlic<br><br>
onions<br><br>
broccoli or any gassy type vegetables<br><br>
beans<br><br>
lentils<br><br>
sweet potatoes<br><br>
milk products<br><br>
nuts including peanut butter<br><br>
strong spices<br><br>
acidic fruits<br><br><br><br>
If you elliminate all these foods, it makes it very difficult to cook. Does anyone have any suggestions? I don't want to start eating chicken, but how am I to get enough protein?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try oatmeal and whole wheat foods for protein (especially whole wheat pasta). Many fruits and veggies contain a bit of protein, also. It adds up over the course of a day.<br><br><br><br>
For calories, try rice and white potatoes.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Try a stew of any vegetables not on your list, or perhaps a veggie soup with barley. Baked potatoes with veggie toppings or veggie mushroom gravy. Cereal and soymilk. Granola bars, melon, all of the lovely stone fruit that's ripe now like peaches, plums, and nectarines. Veggie burgers and other veggie "meat" analogs served with gravy or bread stuffing. Stir-fries without broccoli, onions, and garlic; use ginger, bok choy, mushrooms, baby corn, carrots, and the like. Whole grain pasta and a pesto sauce (to avoid the acidity of tomatoes) or a vegan Alfredo sauce.<br><br><br><br>
If soy isn't bothering you, you could try the new soy nut butters on the market. I hear they're good, and you use them on sandwiches just like peanut butter. TVP is also a good protein source, and you can use it like ground "meat" in any recipe like chili (leave out the beans and add zuchini and corn).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts