VeggieBoards banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

My blog, Gormandize with A-dizzle and K-bobo, is launching a World Food Challenge! We're on a mission to celebrate some of the countries that don't get as much media coverage for their cuisine! But we need your help to suggest awesome countries which we can research and then feature fantastic Vegan dished from that country!

Each month one country will be selected from those suggested by readers and we will include recipes (as authentic as possible given that we'll have to Veganise it!) inspired by that country in our posts. So please help us out by suggesting on our blog some countries that a) you think the cuisine is hugely underrated or b) that you have no idea what kind of food they eat there and would like to find out!!

To give us a suggestion please go to this post and post your suggestion as a comment:
http://gormandizewithus.blogspot.com...n-mission.html

Please note: if you want your suggestion to be considered it is probably wise to post it on the blog page (link above) rather than this thread as I will look at the blog more often.

·
Banned
2,861 Posts
Cool idea!

Scotland might be interesting, what with it's beef, salmon, Scots Pie, haggis and sausage supper to veganise.

North of England; Steak and Kidney Pie, owt that contains the fat of ten herds of cattle per portion ..

'Cockney' London; Jellied Eel, Whelks (latex balls dipped in phlegm with a vinegar dressing?), Pie & Mash ..

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your suggestions guys. I've added them into the list - we'll be doing Iran Month in April and Scotland Month in May, looking forward to it! I love Iranian food so that should be easy, but Scotland should be a challenge for a Vegan!

This month is Croatia Month - requested by someone who posted on the blog - so we have started already with Croatian Poppy Seed and Almond Kolache which were delicious.

It's great to learn about new world food!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey zirpkatze - thanks a lot for your suggestion of doing Iran. I love Iranian food so I really enjoyed it! If you want to check it out there is a summary of my nine Iranian recipe posts here:

I hope you check it out!
http://gormandizewithus.blogspot.com...n-recipes.html

Also - @cluless git. I am featuring Scotland next month (starting tomorrow) - so keep an eye on the blog if you'd like to know what I encountered!

Thanks for your suggestions guys - if anybody else has any others feel free to share!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sure Windigo - I've added the Netherlands to the list now. I went to the Netherlands when I was in year 5 with my parents but I don't really remember anything about the food. What are your suggestions for the best dutch vegetarian/vegan dishes?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts