VeggieBoards banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some suggestions for my myspace page, and I need some friends.

I'm not really sure what to put about myself on there, or what to use as an avatar.

I figured out some basics on how to change it. What site would I use to host graphic files if I wanted to use them as decoration?

Please befriend me if you want.

Does veggieboards have a myspace page?

·
Registered
963 Posts
If you want photos/pics on your myspace, upload it to somewhere like Photobucket (and then copy and paste the "tag" where you want the pic) or Imageshack (copy and paste the hotlink for websites). If you aren't too good with HTML or myspace coding then use an editor like this one - http://www.my-myspace-layouts.com/thomas-myspace-editor, which to be honest, I use, I just make it look like I don't

You can add me if you want, it'd be nice to have some more veggie friends on there
- http://www.myspace.com/poisonofdoubt

I've just got a couple of photos of myself on there, but I guess you can put what you want as your photo really, you, pets, etc.

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
i was going to invite you to be my friend (i broke down and built a page) but your link says you cancelled your account

·
Registered
7,895 Posts
An easy free mini webpage (or profile if not elaborating it to make into something more resembling a webpage, it has basic fundamental presets and interface, not highly customizable but fairly good anyway!!!!) and you after sign up you bearly have to blink if you don't want.....See if you might like Thalia (I think most people in the enviroment like it) so to try Care2.com might light your candle to a degree, not in the way of myspace of course, but take into account that all you need do to set up a few basics --mostly done by presets that you can alter if you wish to improve your look-- and so you can look quite ok, or even blingy, if you add lots of graphics/pic, or if not bothered in being flash which I'm not either, you might like at least like to pick out automatically a displayed picture background from the many schemes dropdown menu, (not all to my taste but hey you'll find at least one u like) which you do after you're signed up and in and all the rest. You can leave your profile (profile aka webpage IN ONE if you will) blank/plain also by default, but nothing is charged at any time, even for having a backgrd to your profile, you simply select one as I outline above.

And then you just partake "optionally, but obligingly too if thinking retorically
as to ask why else go there but to partake" in a site which is socially and for the environment, but its not bad all in all.... so long as you don't mind many posts in groups and such will contain variant size text according to each individuals' posting style, which can be tedious if small, but there is still stuff you can do like CLICK-2-DONATE (part of Care2), like that, which you can do supporting animals etc (donating for free) as one of the things you can do without any hassles you don't want, plus you can also in preferences opt out (or switch off) network messages, so you don't have to put up with hassle you don't want or just don't have time for....

So anyway, although similarity is almost non comparable to myspace, Care2, however is a strong network (about the only thing in common with what you want I guess, but still) so I know you might not care to know, but just in case it may appeal to you on the side, thought it worth mentioning your way.

VA

·
Registered
963 Posts
I doubt she has cancelled it, that's a bug that comes up on myspace sometimes for no apparent reason.

I've never had any trouble with my music, but I'm not so good with that, I'm more able to understand the HTML, but not fantastically well

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, I didn't cancel it. Weird. I also got a lot of mail from a cancelled account, too. Weird.

Care2- I used to have an email account there. Haven't been there for a while, but it is a pretty neat place with lots of good information and resources.

Thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I got on myspace after finding out that quite a few emerging musicians have pages on myspace where I can check out their music, send them email and learn more about them. I like to put songs that are new to me that I like on my profile. The music works when I use IE but doesn't with Firefox because I don't have the correct plug ins loaded.

I tried to add you as a friend, so you can add me as a friend if you'd like. I'm currently at zero friends on myspace too.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
I'm not on myspace much, but I just wanted to say this thread title absolutely cracked me up, Thalia. I know myspace enough to get that.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalia View Post

I need some suggestions for my myspace page, and I need some friends.

I'm not really sure what to put about myself on there, or what to use as an avatar.

I figured out some basics on how to change it. What site would I use to host graphic files if I wanted to use them as decoration?

Please befriend me if you want.

Does veggieboards have a myspace page?
I have myspace http://www.myspace.com/sotallytober1

I very much prefer CherryTap. It's much more interactive. Plus, you have to be 18 or over to join..no kiddies. Here's my invite link if anyone is interested.

http://www.cherrytap.com/join.php?friend=313863

·
Registered
0 Posts
Oh, and be careful of the myspace codes that you can grab off of various sites. There are a ton of them that have hidden virus's. I would suggest downloading McAfee Siteadvisor for free. That will tell you, before you go to the site, whether it's been tested safe or not. It's amazing to see how many that have to do with myspace codes are not safe.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts