VeggieBoards banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chugach and Tongass Roadless Areas Threatened by Bush Administration

Recently, the Bush administration announced plans to exempt Alaska's National Forests from the Roadless Area Conservation Rule, reopening them to logging and road-building.

As you may recall, the Roadless Rule was finalized after more than 600 public hearings and more than 1.6 million official public comments, including 30,000 Alaskan comments, making it the most popular federal rule-making in history. The rule protected 58.5 million acres of national forest in 39 states, including 9.3 million acres in The Tongass National Forest and 5.4 million acres in the Chugach National Forest.

Take Action:

The Forest Service is accepting public comments for only 30 days, so please take the time today to write your letter.

Please send a letter supporting the inclusion of Alaska's National Forests in the Roadless Rule, addressed to: U.S. Forest Service c/o Alaska Center for the Environment 807 G. St. Suite 100 Anchorage, AK 99501

For more information please call: Bobbie Jo Skibo 274-3662 or [email protected] or for more talking points click http://www.akcenter.org/forest.html

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I shouldn't think it should matter. I would think it would even be beneficial for them to see that our neighboring countries are concerned with the state of the land as well. If nothing else, it serves as a reminder that what we do to the environment affects the earth as a whole, not just the areas within our boundary lines. So by all means, let your voice be heard!
Thanks!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Is it just me or is President Bush somewhat of an environmental criminal???!!??

I would write, but don't think German points of view matter - I fear that we are not very much liked by the Bush administration these days *sigh*

Good luck though.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Bush IS an environmental criminal. He's also a war criminal. He's also a liar. He's greedy, and selfish, and deceitful, and annoying.

If he's elected for the first time in 2004, we'll either leave the country or join the revolution.

·
Registered
7,895 Posts
BEAT BUSH 2004 and hands off our forest Mister peevy president!!! ..especially our Alaskan ones

Lets carried away...it may get a bit OTT along the path to defending our natural national treasures maybe... but it becomes necessary you know !

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
I am so SICK of the Bush Administration's stupid decisions... One would think that a prerequisite for being in a high-authority position would be having MORALS, but apparently not.

This is just too much.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.