VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You may be able to mellow the tanginess by adding a very small amount of sugar. Start with just a little pinch between your fingers first and see what that does for the taste. If it's still too tangy, try a bit more.

Orrrr... and I haven't tried this... you could neutralize some of the tartness by adding a little pinch of baking soda. In theory, the acidity is making it tangy, so adding baking soda (a base) should counter it. But as I've said, I've never tried it, so proceed with caution.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, I saw tiumvir's reply yesterday and it worked like a charm! .....and actually, my husband used a bit too much lime juice (an experiment). We did have to add a little more cilantro too, just to nuetralize the overwhelming parsley taste. LOL. We've been making this salsa (just the regular kind) for a long time now, but decided to see what lime juice would taste like in it. Now we know. EW. Maybe if we used less next time. Hmmm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.