VeggieBoards banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My nephew Gino died a few years ago. I've been generally fine with it, no emotional breakdowns whatsoever... Until today. The song played at his funeral, How To Save A Life by The Frey, came onto the radio whilst I was on the bus home from school, and I just sank to my knees and burst into tears. How can I control this? I've been bursting into tears every few minutes since. All help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I'm so sorry. You are grieving. No matter what time has passed. Let it out, talk with someone you trust. It will pass. And may come back again but I think each time will be easier. Don't be ashamed or think you shouldn't have these emotions even years later. It seems you are a sensitive person with a heart. You'll be OK.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I'm sure you will be ok, it just takes time. I still cry when I hear Cut Here by the Cure, because it came out at the same time as my boyfriend died and it is about the singer Billy MacKenzie who killed himself so I always associate the two. And that's been nearly 10 years now. So it's hard.

·
Impeach the gangster
10,052 Posts
My sympathies for your loss. You must have loved Gino very much.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
That's the beauty and horror of grief. It's not a controlable process. My best advice is to really FEEL the feelings when they are upon you. If you try to stifle them, they will continue to be there in unpredictable ways. Reach out to others who loved him and talk about him. It's likely that you are not alone.

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMonty View Post

My nephew Gino died a few years ago. I've been generally fine with it, no emotional breakdowns whatsoever... Until today. The song played at his funeral, How To Save A Life by The Frey, came onto the radio whilst I was on the bus home from school, and I just sank to my knees and burst into tears. How can I control this? I've been bursting into tears every few minutes since. All help is appreciated.
I'm very sorry for the loss in your life, you have my sympathy and condolances. Crying is good. It's a part of life, and you are no less a person because of it. We humans have emotions for a reason, and their good reasons. We can't be happy all the time, no matter how much we lie to ourselves, or the media lies to us about happy or joyful being the only emotion to feel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.