VeggieBoards banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi just wanted to ask as am new veggie.ive been havin strange dreams.is this right?? is it to with me not eattin meat an am tired all the time.any advice or suggestions to help me feel more energetic.

·
Registered
9,260 Posts
While an occasional meatmare is normal, you shouldn't be having them constantly.

Make sure you're eating enough! Can you post what you eat in a day? For example, what did you eat yesterday?

By the way, I like the wordplay with your username.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It's worrying that you're feeling tired all the time - I started getting bags more energy when I became veggie. Make sure you're getting enough iron in your diet, my anaemic friends say that tiredness was the first symptom they got. Are you eating enough in general? And are you getting enough sleep?

About the dreams, well, can't help you there.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm glad to read this post since I'm a new veggie and I've been *really* tired lately. I was anemic once and now it's dawning on me that I'd better check that out to see if it's the issue again. Maybe you should look into that too if you don't start to feel better.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It's possible. Vegetarianism doesn't mean anaemia by default, but if you were relying on red meat to get your iron intake, you could run into problems :p Chickpeas, spinach, leafy greens, and Vit C to help your body absorb more of the iron are good

·
Registered
113 Posts
My advice is to start taking B12, min of 500mg per day. When I went vegetarian a year ago, I did not know this, and 1 month after I went meatless, I had major health problems. My doctor recomended the supplements, and my problems cleared up within 3 days. So long as I take the B12, and supplement with other meatless protiens, I'm fine. And keep up the good work. Couldn't hurt to pick the soy based meat once in a while,as It'll help with the occassional meat cravings. Have a great evening!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
About a week ago when I stopped eating meat I had a strange chicken nightmare XD It was funny because before I stopped eating meat it wouldn't have been as scary.

As for being tired...well, I'm on Spring Break so my sleeping patterns are messed up right now...and I think I'm oversleeping, so that's probably why I'm tired. Once I get back to school I'll probably realize if I'm tired all the time or not. I am planning on taking some vitamins though...one day XD

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Go for more iron of you feel tired. Tiredness can indicate iron deficiency.

The reason you are having meatmares is probably because your sub-concsiouss(sp) mind is not yet "caught up" or "informed" with you being vegetairan. They will go away eventually as a larger portion of your memories involve you being vegetarian and you subconcsious "gets used to it". That's my theory, anyway. I hope things go well for you!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the info its a greast help.i eat quite healthy.i dont eat 3 meals a day i just pick at things i always eat flapajack,yogurts,crisp.salad,potatoes,sweets,eggs ,prawns.i am anmeic and was givin iron tab but they give me a appetite were i could eat all day so i stop takin them.is there any foods i should eat to give me the iron i should be getting.any one with a list they can give me would be much appreciated.ythanks guys an girls an cuddley toys.LOL.

·
Registered
139 Posts
It's a little hard for me to understand your writing style (sorry) but it doesn't seem like you are eating enough of the "good stuff" -- fruits, vegetables, whole grains, beans, etc.

If you are anemic and the doctor prescribed medicine then you should take it, if you're having problems with side effects talk to him/her about that. There maybe another medicine that you can take that won't have the same side effects.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts