VeggieBoards banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night, I was working out on our treadmill in the basement when I heard a chewing noise coming from a box in the corner. Sure enough, inside was a MOUSE feasting on our Christmas ornaments!!!
I was so freaked out that I duct-taped the box shut and put it out by the curb.

Now, I am opposed to any violence towards animals or humans, and I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find humane mousetraps. I went to Walgreens today but all I could find were those awful ones that bait the mice with some tasty treat and then snap their neck.

I was hoping to find something that would trap them but leave them unharmed so I could release them into the wild. (Okay, into my neighbor's back yard)

Suggestions???

·
Registered
11,049 Posts
Your neighbors back yard will be a great home but if they were happier, better fed, warmer, more comfortable in YOUR house, they'll just return.

Trap and release, but then make sure there's no way for the cute little things to get back IN or you'll continue to have a problem.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, garbage day was today...
i'm pretty confident mr. mouse was able to chew his way out of the box before he got...um, compacted. I was just WAY too freaked out to attempt any kind of rescue mission the other night.

My husband promised to suppress his urge to use the Shovel Method on any rodents he found scampering about the house, but all the same I feel really bad about the whole situation. Thanks for the tips; I'm going to go see if PETA will express-mail me a couple of those nifty catch-and-release traps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts