VeggieBoards banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,<br><br><br><br>
I've been vegetarian for just over a year now, it's great and i've seen many benefits to my health. The only thing is, for the last few weeks i'v had awful cravings for chicken, bacon, and steak. I feel really awful about it. I take B vitimin tablets and eat loads of fruit and veg.<br><br><br><br>
Does anyone have any clue what I could be missing from my diet to make me have these cravings? I almost picked up a bacon sandwich this morning, i feel terrible.<br><br><br><br>
Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
88 Posts
When I crave greasy foods (and when I first went veg it was McDonalds cheese burgers the first few times, and those weren't something I ate very often) it's usually because I'm not getting enough fats. I try not be fat-phobic, I'm not always successful. I learned to take care of it with soy sausage and tofu scramble and toast with soy marg. That always seemed to do the trick for me. So maybe you are missing the fat-ness?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I shall try and eat a little more fat and see if that helps. Surely craving something like chicken means i'm missing some sort of vitamin in my diet though. I'm unsure of whta it could be, but will try the fat thing first.<br><br><br><br>
thanks for your help.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I agree with FbLT eat more fats that might help ,pasta with lots of garlic and olive oil and kale is yummy .Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts