VeggieBoards banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm 15 years old and I already posted about this but I really want to get 1,000 people to sign. I have seen so many companies change over the course of time due to a petition and I truly think that we can make this happen. When I posted this the last time many people were opposed to it because they did not want to stop eating their vegan foods. There are different ways to get companies to change and I'm suggesting we come at them from different angles. You have one way, I have a way, and someone else has a different idea. Together we can change them as long as we have the same motivation. Please help me and thanks

·
Registered
143 Posts
If you want to get them to change it will take more than 1000 signatures on a petition, though that's a good start!! I don't mean that to sound rude, I'm just speaking from personal experience. I'm currently working with some moms on a huge campaign to have sesame street show breastfeeding on the show (as it did in the 70s and 80s). We have a lot of backing including some well known pediatricians, celebrities, and we have over 35,000 signatures on a petition...but we're still in a battle and it may take a while to see the change.

A petition is definitely a good start,as I said, and I give you so much credit for starting to work on a change! I wish I had been so passionate at your age!! But it took me another 8-10 years to really find that part of myself. Anyways the point is, if you want to work on this as a campaign, I believe you can get a lot of amazing support and really work for a change! Have you posted this petition elsewhere? Try contacting large organizations with more "pull" such as peta or compassion over killing and getting them on board. Also join vegetarian/vegan/ar related pages on facebook and promote the petition. I haven't been able to click to it yet because I'm on my phone but be sure that your petition explains why you are fighting for a change and that you have thoroughly proofread it.

If you'd like any help working on this project feel free to email me at hudler(dot)christina(at)gmail(dot)com [sorry trying to avoid spam bots] and I can try to work with you

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your message and yes i know that sadly 1,000 signatures are not enough but that is my immediate goal at the moment. I have taken your advice and will advertise it more. I am currently sending a few letters to peta and other major animal rights groups to try to have them promote my cause. Any other suggestions are very welcome!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you so much! I can't believe I forgot to mention that xp. Everyone PLEASE sign and share with others. It will really spread the message

·
Registered
7 Posts
Petitions are great but money talks more than anything. If something isn't vegan, just don't buy it. If something is vegan, buy it. It's your vote to cast. Hell, walmart even has soymilk now because of people using their votes.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Honestly, Boca and Morning Star (or Kellog's and General Mills) could go completely vegan, and I would never give them a cent.
They have no ethics or morals in their sales. They just want money. I'd like to see them switch to 100% organic, non-GMO, domestic (not grown in China!!!) soy and stop using hexane (which makes veggie burgers pretty much just as bad as a real burger- both for health and the environment).

I say boycott the whole company!

... But I'll sign too.. couldn't hurt, but I doubt Kellog's and Geneal Mill's will make a difference unless it's at an economical surplus...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hmm...thanks for that economic convo that has started. That is true. Everyone do what you can as long as it promotes veganism!

·
Registered
388 Posts
I purchased some Boca Original Chick'n Patties today and they appear to be vegan. No eggs or milk.

·
Herbivorous Urchin
9,717 Posts
Online petitions don't really do anything/not a whole lot ....

·
Registered
282 Posts
Signed and shared. It's a start, its a call to arms, it gets people to take notice and want to take a stand any way we know how. I'm proud of you!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kari View Post

I purchased some Boca Original Chick'n Patties today and they appear to be vegan. No eggs or milk.
Yep, they are vegan! And delicious.

How about we continue to buy Boca and Morningstar Farms vegan products and send them emails saying how much we love those products, and that we wish their other products were vegan too?

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunnerVeggie View Post

Yep, they are vegan! And delicious.

How about we continue to buy Boca and Morningstar Farms vegan products and send them emails saying how much we love those products, and that we wish their other products were vegan too?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post

Online petitions don't really do anything/not a whole lot ....
Alone they do not, but backed by a well informed campaign by passionate people who work hard at that campaign they absolutely do

1 - 17 of 17 Posts