VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want this to be a signature that raises awareness about what is wrong with meat products without just making people angry and defensive. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
maybe you should go with something simple like "ask me why I'm vegan". It might get a few PMs, and it doesn't sound pushy at all.

·
Registered
8,743 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oy what a cool website Troub! Thank you! I love what you just quoted yourself, and also ..

~I care not much for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it. Abraham Licoln~

(from the link you gave)

Gonna change out my signature regularly with these quotes!

·
Registered
25,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily~Anne View Post

THEY ERASED MY SIGNATURE AT THE OTHER BOARD!!!!!
Hah, that's pretty weird. Maybe the mere implication that veg*nism might be good from a Christian view was too much for them to take?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Interesting...

I gotta tell you, one of my earliest memories of vegetarianism was during my confirmation, in about 6th grade. The pastor (who BTW is a woman) mentioned she is a vegetarian because she loves and respects the animals that God made to live on Earth with us. I thought that was pretty cool. I love the John Wesley quote as he is the founder of Methodism which is my religion.

I think the Bible verse that affects me significantly is "that which you do to the least of these you do unto me". That means defending the helpless and the innocent, providing compassion and mercy, and that is my view toward animals.

I'm a strong Christian and I just can't resolve the way they treat animals in animal testing and factory farms with the teachings of Christianity. Around here in Buffalo especially, chicken barbeques are a frequent gathering at churches. I'll go to my next church's barbeque to socialize, but I will not take any part in the chicken-carcass part of it.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by cojo View Post

Interesting...

I gotta tell you, one of my earliest memories of vegetarianism was during my confirmation, in about 6th grade. The pastor (who BTW is a woman) mentioned she is a vegetarian because she loves and respects the animals that God made to live on Earth with us. I thought that was pretty cool. I love the John Wesley quote as he is the founder of Methodism which is my religion.

I think the Bible verse that affects me significantly is "that which you do to the least of these you do unto me". That means defending the helpless and the innocent, providing compassion and mercy, and that is my view toward animals.

I'm a strong Christian and I just can't resolve the way they treat animals in animal testing and factory farms with the teachings of Christianity. Around here in Buffalo especially, chicken barbeques are a frequent gathering at churches. I'll go to my next church's barbeque to socialize, but I will not take any part in the chicken-carcass part of it.
How awesome to meet another Christian that thinks much like I do!
I get so tired of the animals have no souls argument. The bible makes it clear that they do have souls.

Ecclesiastes 3:19-20

19 Man's fate is like that of the animals; the same fate awaits them both: As one dies, so dies the other. All have the same breath ; man has no advantage over the animal. Everything is meaningless. 20 All go to the same place; all come from dust, and to dust all return.

Psalm 150:6

6 Let everything that has breath praise the LORD.

Breath in hebrew means soul. All have the same breath, PERIOD! (Sorry for my venting
)

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by froggythefrog View Post

Did you ask them about it? I would.
Oy, I have been there for a year, we are all even working on a 'quilt of love' together for a mother whose baby died a month ago. I already sent in my quilt block and the quilt is almost finished. I have gotten to know these women so well, and for them to go and just delete my signature without talking to me about it, I find that highly offensive. I am thinking time for 'ADIOS!'

·
Banned
4,791 Posts
Someone there is playing Hitler. Do you really think God approves of Hitler tactics? Who "ownes" the board? Go directly to them and ask if they did it? Find out who did. Request that it be put back up. If they haven't cut anyone elses statements, you have just been descriminated against.

Stick around here. We like you.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts