VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I am starting to buy stuff for when I move out and I want to get a sofa within the next couple of months. I have been looking at this one online and I really like it but I don't know if it is a good price or not becuase I have no idea what furniture goes for. I was wondering if you guys could take a look at it and tell me if you think it is a good price or not. I would really appreciate it. THank you!

http://store.yahoo.com/furniturefors...mocsecwra.html

·
Administrator
19,873 Posts
Seems like a good deal to me, especially with free shipping. Almost too good of a deal, which indicates to me it's probably not very comfortable and/or very well made.

I don't know though, it looks pretty comfortable.

Just noticed they have a free 30-day trial...

Quote:
Return Policy: We want to make sure that you are completely satisfied with your purchase. If your new furniture arrives and you find it does not quite fit your needs, you may return it within 30 with no re-stocking fees. We will issue a pick-up on the item, and a refund will be issued. (Less shipping charges.) Please make sure that the merchandise is in its original packaging.
If you don't like it they take it back minus shipping fees (which it says are free). However, they may charge you a S&H fee to return it. I would check with them on that - find out if they do and how much it is. I can't imagine it would be cheap to ship all of that furniture back if you don't like it.

I agree with Marie, picking one out in the store is probably the best way to go.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Yup, definitely go to a store if you can. I'd say you have to spend about a grand and up on a good quality couch, so the price on that one isn't too bad. Keep an eye out for clearance sales. I got my couch for half price and it's *very* comfy. Good luck with finding furniture & moving out!

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
If you don't want to spend that much, you can find good deals on couches at yard sales and in thrift stores. I would always look there first before I would go into an expensive furniture store. Clearance sales are an awesome idea, too. If you have any discount factory stores in your area, you might want to check that out, too. They often have furniture that's very high quality, but because of a missed stitch or something very minor, they drastically reduce the price.

·
Registered
828 Posts
A thousand bucks for a couch? yikes! There are a lot better things a thousand bucks can buy me. I agree with tearhsong2, look at yard sales and factory outlets. Auction sales are great too. I saw a couch sell for $1 at an auction sale. It was crappy, but sometimes when old people die they have nice new furniture that can go for pretty cheap.

·
Registered
904 Posts
The couch looks nice and the solid wood frame is a good thing. If you're going to go for a good quality couch (which at that price it should be) you might want to get cushions that are more than 1.8 density. Sectional's are always a little more money than couches though.

Marie, Michael and Flower are right about going out to a store and trying it out. That way you can see whether the back and arms are a comfortable height for you.

When it comes to cost I agree with tearhsong2 and Superjane. Thrift stores, yard sales and auctions are all great places to pick up furniture even though it usually takes more time to find just the right piece. That's how I've furnished the majority of my house at less than half the cost of the average new home owner.

Good luck with getting everything for your place.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.