VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey

I'm new at this forum and I never ate vegan before but as I have to write a project paper in PE I wanted to try out the Starch Solution.
I have to check if Starch has any influence on the cardio based on a survey with a few test persons.

So my question is, does anybody want to be my test person? You have to eat normal right now, then we would check your cardio and after 2 months of eating Starch we check again.

Pleasee :D

·
Vegan since 1991
3,667 Posts
Hi Cori,

Maybe one of your parents could be your test subject. Would that work? That way, they would personally experience the benefit of a plant-based diet.

·
Vegan since 1991
3,667 Posts
Yes I would test it but there have to be more than one person.
And the problem is that neither my parents nor my friends want to be vegan.
Hi Cori,

I understand your problem. However, as a minor, it's not safe for you to directly contact people through the internet.

It would be better to choose a study topic that your family and/or friends are willing to help you with.

Reactions: Tom

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
I eat a lot of carbs too, although I make an effort to do this before I'm going to be physically active so that I use them instead of store them. I also try to eat carbs that digest more slowly (low glycemic load/index).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your answers and tips!
Today I talked with my teacher about these problems and he said it would be okay if there is only one test person and I am allowed to use opinions from forums so maybe you will hear from me soon :D

·
Registered
77 Posts
Cori:

VeggieBoards is a good place to look for volunteers. However, an even better place might be the online discussion forums on Dr. John McDougall's Web site: https://www.drmcdougall.com/forums/ . (I assume you are aware that Dr. McDougall is the primary promoter of a starch-based, vegan diet. He is the individual who coined the term, "Starch Solution.")

Good luck with your study. I'd volunteer myself, but since I've been following a largely starch-centric diet for quite awhile, I am not a good candidate.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts