VeggieBoards banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe I never found this place before...

I'm 31 yrs-old and have been vegetarian since 1989. I have a 4.5-yr-old son and 2.5-yr-old twin daughters who have been vegetarian since birth. My husband stopped eating meat shorly after our son was born.

I occassionally consume something that contains dairy or eggs -- but am really trying to avoid them. I was vegan for almost 2 years after my son was born, but then started craving dairy toward the end of my twin pregnancy. The cravings got worse for the 1.5 years that I was breastfeeding all three children -- but seem to have subsided considerably at this point, with only two nurslings.

We are in the midwest, and while I know there are vegetarians around here, I've yet to meet any of them. I've been wanting to start a vegetarian playgroup, but since we might be moving soon, I've kind of put that idea on hold.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone here!

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
hi there! my husband and i live in the chicago suburbs. we have just transitioned to a vegetarian diet from an almost vegetarian diet. we have three year old twins. a boy and a girl. this is a terrible age for us!! constant fighting from sunup to sundown!! would not have it any other way, they truly are a blessing. not to say that is easy to see when in the throes of a double tantrum!! have a good day!!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi LentilLady
I grew up in Nebraska but recently got married and moved to California. My family thinks I'm nuts for going veggie and they call me "Sequoia Bark" to tease me.

My husband is an omnivore, but agrees we can raise the kids veggie when we do have them. Be sure to check out the "Relationships, Parenting & Family" forum. Hope to see you posting soon

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hello, I'm also from the midwest (central IL), but unfortunately far from you. Good luck with finding some veggie friends. Even though you may never meet any of us in person, there are enough members here to come away with a few friends.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts