VeggieBoards banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I've been visiting this site for a while now and find it very entertaining at times! Lol. I love reading the discussions. Anywho, I've been a vegetarian since the summer of 2006. I was wandering around on the Internet one day, and I found myself on Peta's website. The video that sparked my decision to go vegetarian was actually about testing weapons on pigs. I eventually came to the Meet Your Meat video, and I think I may have cried actually. So I came up with this plan to limit my intake of meat by only eating it when at restraunts and such. I claimed that I was going organic. But then finally I thought to myself one day, "Jessica, if you're going to do this, you need to jump in with both feet." So I did, and here I am! Woot! It's kind of neat to think that this is where I'm at today. I was one of those people that said, "I could never give up buffalo wings and pepperoni pizza!" But after seeing the reality of the cruelty to animals, I knew I couldn't go back. It would be ignoring everything I know to be wrong. I find great satisfaction in vegetarianism because of my love for animals, the environment, people, and my health.

Well, there's mah story! Hope to contribute to some of the discussion on here.

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
Welcome to VB!

You don't have to give up pepperoni pizza, by the way. There's "fake" pepperoni available, and you can make your own!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you for all of the welcomes! Yeah, I forgot about "fake" pepperoni. Probably should try that sometime. I did get to try some Tofutti icecream bars the other day, and they were muy delicioso!!! I enjoyed them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts