VeggieBoards banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone!

I'm new to this site but have been vegan for 4 years! I'm looking forward to hanging out here with like-minded people!

I have been a vegan for four years, and am writing a diet book founded on vegan eating principles. I'm hoping that many of you will be willing to help me ... I'm planning to include quotes from established vegans throughout my book, touting the benefits they've received from this way of life. If you are willing to write a quote for me, I would be so appreciative! I will not include your full name for privacy - just your first name, last initial, city and state. Here are some examples:

"When I went vegan, I dropped 35 pounds in three months, my asthma disappeared, and my energy skyrocketed!" Scott J, San Francisco, CA

"After trying the vegan diet for just one month, my cravings were gone! At least for unhealthy foods ... now I crave watermelon, apples and almonds!" Carrie T, Chicago, IL

Thanks, everyone. I'd love to include you in my book! Please post your quotes here in this thread, or e-mail me. Here's to changing the world, one dinner at a time!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Do you know if there is a limit to how long our posts can be? I was trying to send a longer post, but kept getting error messages when I tried to post it.

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
welcome to VB!

I've only been vegan for a few months and haven't noticed any health benifits (I am already a healthy weight, reasonably fit, etc, and I do this for ethical reasons not health ones, so it's not like this has put me off) so I don't think I'll be able to provide you with a quote
But I hope you find what you're looking for here!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Going vegan helped me feel less guilty about my food choices, better about my body and helped me recover from an eating disorder.

Don't kow if that's necessarily what you're looking for, buut it's true! Welcome to VB!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, isowish and Lumos! I appreciate your replies!

Lumos, I really appreciate that quote - it's raw, and real ... it's perfect. Do you mind if I use it in my book/marketing materials? If not, then can I please get your first name, last initial, city and state? If you prefer to go by an alias, I'll never know!

·
Registered
31 Posts
i was fat. now im thin.

i was always sick. i haven't taken medicine in over a year.

i used to get allergies in the spring. now i don't.

i used to break out a lot. now my face is clearer than ever.

i used to be on antidepressents. now im on multivitamins.

my nails used to break easily. now they are long and healthy.

my blue eyes are 3 times brighter.

my hair 3 times more shiny.

my life 3 times more amazing.

seriously. why isn't everyone vegan?

·
Registered
379 Posts
if your writting a book i would *STRONGLY* suggest reading a book called "the china study" if you havent already. but a qoute you may use from me is that my atheletic performance skyrocketed when i went on a vegetarian diet(was almost vegan, never ate dairy or eggs but didnt pay attention to the trace ingredients in food). i went from a 20 min 5k on a omni diet to a 17:04 on a veg*n diet in only one season

·
Registered
344 Posts
I'd prefer to be an "anonymous dancer" if you don't mind! If you really want my name and state, I'll give it to you, but I'm more comfortable anonymous!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Veg*nrunner - I have not only read the China Study, but I quote it several times throughout my book! I have met T. Colin Campbell several times, and out of all the physicians and researchers I've heard speak on the vegan diet, he is always the most profound to me. The fact that his PhD thesis was centered on the premise that animal protein is the most important ingredient in the human diet, and that he changed his premise based on his early research, gives him so much credibility in my eyes!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It will be some time ... I have written about 100 pages so far, but with recipes and all, it will probably be 300-350 pages. I hope to have the rough draft done by the summer, and the final draft done by the end of the year!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts