VeggieBoards banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here and just want to begin with a brief intro. I'm a vegetarian subsisting on a variety of beans and grains and fruits and vegetables. I do eat organic cheese (goat and sheep only) and organic free-range eggs once in a great while. whenever its my turn to cook on Thanksgiving I cook a wild salmon on Thanksgiving (with side dishes of hummus, bean soup, real wild rice, potatoes, and for dessert tofu pumpkin pie) but no meat or fowl ever.

Anyway, I've been gravitating towards vegetarianism since I was 20 but would only try it for a few weeks or months at a time. I made the full change in 1992 largely for environmental reasons but also for health since meat is loaded with pesticides when compared to beans and rice.

I choose the name "redbeans" because it is the opposite of "redmeat". Think about all the animal names we give to plants: marrow squash, kidney beans, marrow beans, pinto beans, cowpeas, oyster plant, crab apple, bloodroot and so on.

Well, that's it for now. There's a profile of me somewhere on this site.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.