VeggieBoards banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here and just want to begin with a brief intro. I'm a vegetarian subsisting on a variety of beans and grains and fruits and vegetables. I do eat organic cheese (goat and sheep only) and organic free-range eggs once in a great while. whenever its my turn to cook on Thanksgiving I cook a wild salmon on Thanksgiving (with side dishes of hummus, bean soup, real wild rice, potatoes, and for dessert tofu pumpkin pie) but no meat or fowl ever.<br><br><br><br>
Anyway, I've been gravitating towards vegetarianism since I was 20 but would only try it for a few weeks or months at a time. I made the full change in 1992 largely for environmental reasons but also for health since meat is loaded with pesticides when compared to beans and rice.<br><br><br><br>
I choose the name "redbeans" because it is the opposite of "redmeat". Think about all the animal names we give to plants: marrow squash, kidney beans, marrow beans, pinto beans, cowpeas, oyster plant, crab apple, bloodroot and so on.<br><br><br><br>
Well, that's it for now. There's a profile of me somewhere on this site.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts