VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always been interested in vegetarianism, but never really thought seriously about it until lately. My decision to become vegetarian has been a gradual one. I gave up pork and beef, for the most part (had an occasional cheeseburger from time to time, though) in an effort to be more health conscious. Over time, I started to be concerned about the growth hormones in the meat I was eating, and also in the dairy products I was consuming. I believe the growth hormones (and other additives) are the reasons that americans are so horribly out of shape.

I started to seek out milk and dairy products (and meat) from companies that guaranteed their product did not come from animals treated with hormones and also from farms that raised cage free animals.

This also led me to start buying more and more vegetarian meals. I found that I felt better after eating the vegetarian meals and when I went back to eating normally I would feel sick, or even sluggish. I have decided to become vegetarian.

Of course, I am still not 100% convinced to give up dairy products, especially since I buy my dairy products from companies who use cage free animals, but it's something I am open to understanding more. I have also eaten soy products that emulate dairy products and they are OK. I have an open mind about it all, or I guess I wouldn't be here seeking out more information to educate myself with! My main concern is that I eat a diet that is thoughtful of the animals we are given to protect.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Welcome, welcome. I hope you like it here. You'll find quite a lot of us consume dairy. (But stay out of the Vegan Discussion forum when you want to talk about liking dairy, hehe.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts