VeggieBoards banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I am a 17 year old girl and I live in Sweden. I have been vegan for about 1,5 years. Before that, I was a lacto-ovo vegetarian for about the same amount of time. I like message boards where you discuss veg*anism, and I especially enjoy reading posts by people from other countries. I'm glad I found VB, it looks like a friendly place. It's cool to know that there are those who share my beliefs all over the world.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome! Wow, first swede here, huh?
Well, I would say it is pretty veg-friendly where I live (Gothenburg). Most people know exactly what a vegan is, and we have a few vegetarian restaurants. But from what I understand, there are by no means as many vegan burgers, cheeses etc. available here as in, for example the U.K. or the U.S..

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi! Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
I'm glad to be here. Well, I found the board by searching for "vegetarian message board" or something along those lines. I'd heard about VB at another website, so I was curious, but I didn't know the adress.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Hi! You're the second Swedish Linnea I know, and the first one is the daughter of my ex husband -who lives in Sweden for the past twenty years. He said Linnea means a little flower like a daisy.

I went to Sweden for a few weeks once, in 1970 something, stayed in Stockholm and loved it, loved the people and I didn't starve either...

I'm in Malta on holiday, sunshine until 6pm at night
But usually I'm in England.

Hope you enjoy it on VB

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Spud,

that is so funny you know someone else from Sweden named Linnea! Yes, my name is also a flower! The weather here is definitely not nice this time of year, though. We have slushy snow and it is about 32 degrees F. You're lucky to be in Malta!

Birdlady,

thank you for the welcome and the invitation! You have a very nice avatar!

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Welcome, Linnea.

While you are the first person here from Sweden, we do have a vegan from Norway, Martin. He sometimes describes himself as NorVegan.

It's nice to see you here.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Linnae,

You found VB exactly the way I did! I was websearching for "vegetarian message board", too, after having a few unpleasant experiences with a few other boards.

There was a girl in my church Sunday School class when I was kid whose name was Linnea, and she was the kindest, sweetest person I knew then.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A norvegan? I've never met one of those, even though I been to Norway a few times

Skylark,

VB does seem like a friendlier place than many other boards I've visited! I feel very welcome. I am not usually an active poster though-I tend to just lurk... Maybe it will be different here where people are nicer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts