VeggieBoards banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, I'm so happy to have found this message board. My very last fellow vegetarian (my sister) recently started eating meat again. She moved to Dallas, and she claims it's too hard to be a vegetarian there. So now she's alway's coming up here and getting mad at me for refusing to take Advil gelcaps or eat casserole made with cream of chicken soup. Grr! Anyway, that's why I'm happy to have found some fellow vegetarians.

Anyway, I'm seventeen, a vegetarian of three years, and I live in Massachusetts. On my fourteenth birthday, I made the abrupt decision to stop eating meat. I'm still not really sure why...one day I just looked at some sliced deli ham and decided I couldn't stand to eat it anymore. Anyway. Glad to have found you all!

·
Registered
8,717 Posts
Your sister probably wants you to eat cream of chicken soup so she'd feel better about herself! If your sibling relationship is anything like mine then you now have two reasons to be vegetarian, and one of them is to annoy your sister.

Welcome!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Ah, your sister sounds like some of my friends. They all know what I think of eating meat, so they want me to do it so I don't "look at them oddly when they eat".

Anyways, welcome to the boards!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by maple_syrup

question: Your sister is giving you issues about not taking advil gelcaps but your parents are perfectly fine with it? count your blessings
Yeah, my parents are really good about it. I know I'm really lucky. My mom is great, she even makes vegetarian food for me all the time. My sister is just annoying, that's all.

·
Registered
238,393 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ama

Wow, I'm so happy to have found this message board. My very last fellow vegetarian (my sister) recently started eating meat again. She moved to Dallas, and she claims it's too hard to be a vegetarian there. So now she's alway's coming up here and getting mad at me for refusing to take Advil gelcaps or eat casserole made with cream of chicken soup. Grr! Anyway, that's why I'm happy to have found some fellow vegetarians.
I don't really wish to cause any problems, but I live in Dallas. I'm vegan and, thus far, I haven't had any problems. Everybody around here has been quite accommodating.

Welcome to Veggieboards. Take care.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, I know that it's possible to be a vegetarian basically anywhere in the US...it's just an excuse. I think what really happened is that she met this really great guy who she's serious about (actually, he's the reason she moved out to Texas) who's really big on meat. I think she just got tired of all the conflicts that arose.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.