VeggieBoards banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Why?
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Cassie and I've just become vegetarian. My bf has been for awhile now, but he does not eat healthy at all. So I'm on here looking for yummy recipes and nutritional info!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi! What kind of foods do you like to eat?
What's your level of cooking experience?
Are there any kitchen tools you particularly like (such as air fryer, Instant Pot?)

On the healthier side you can check out...

Minimalist Baker (not only baked goods) tries to keep her ingredient count fairly low and uses basics like chickpeas and lentils

It Doesn't Taste Like Chicken recipes are easier than most

Fat Free Vegan has some surprisingly good recipes even it they are low-fat

On the less healthy/less easy side is Vegan Huggs, which is a bit more elevated

These are ones I tend to go to more than once. But, 99% of the time I search what I want to make on google or pinterest and end up on a random vegan blog, save that recipe, and never go back to check out the rest of the site. I'm often also searching for [whatever I plan to make] + pressure cooker, so I end up on sites that specifically tailor a recipe for that tool. But here is a board of recipes I've saved over the years:

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
Hi, Cassie. How is the transition going?

I usually eat healthy food. I like it to be tasty as well, but I don't much care for fussing in the kitchen with very complicated recipes. I tend to keep my cooking simple- usually. But every now and then I try something more elaborate, and not always so healthy to eat... like vegan baklava (which turned out terrific! Fortunately I was making it for a vegetarian get-together and had lots of folks to help me eat it)... or fruitcake (which turned out to be more of a fruit bread- but was also very good).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts