VeggieBoards banner

Hello!

686 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Kimberlily1983 
#1 ·
Hi everyone! I am trying very hard to become a vegetarian even though I live with two guys who are in love with everything that is meat. I am considering becoming a veggie for health reasons such as weight loss. I have currently lost 20lbs doing weight watchers and I feel that becoming a vegetarian is the next step to living a better and healthier life.

#2 ·
Hello TexstateBobcat, welcome to VB. I used to be quite the meat eater while living with my parents and when i moved out i slowly adopted a vegetarian diet. There were ofcourse other reasons for going veg but it really helps if you don't have any meat eaters around. I don't know how your situation is (if you have to cook the meals or something like that) but i wish you good luck with the transition.

#3 ·
I live at home and the people in my family are SUPER meat eaters. It is hard, but once you go vegetarian or vegan, always think about how far youve gotten and by eating meat (or other animal products) youll just be wasting all of that hard work! thats what helped me! good luck!

#4 ·
Welcome to the forum, Bobcat. I'm vegan because of animal rights, through and through. The health benefits are just a bonus for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.