VeggieBoards banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there!

As my title says, I'm a few weeks into making my second serious attempt at vegetarianism and feel much more confident this time around. My reasons are mainly ethical (not wanting to contribute to the industy that devalues certain animals and inflicts suffering on them) but also health as I'm quite health conscious due to chronic conditions. I've realised the reason i failed first time around is simply because I wasn't taking in enough calories and was always hungry. I thought I couldn't 'thrive' on a veggie diet and needed at least fish but now that I'm eating more and including not only starches and protein but fat in the way of coconut, nuts, seeds, avacadoes, I don't go to bed hungry. My only issue is that I have stomach cramps and wind due to the additional fibre, but these did settle down before so I'm hopeful they will again.

I'd like to join and meet other likeminded people and hopefully support each other along the vegetarian journey.

·
person
679 Posts
Hi, Glad your having another go at it. You seem much more prepared this time.

Good to have you here :)

·
Impeach the gangster
10,052 Posts
Welcome aboard. :hi:

For the record, it took me 10-years from my first attempt (1982) until I was finally able to stay vegetarian. I went vegan a few years later, and haven't looked back. Diet is one of the most important parts of our lives, and making a big change is definitely a learning experience, but so worth it. Good luck and welcome to the boards!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both! Capstan it's great you kept trying. It can be such a big lifestyle change that i guess it's natural it can take some time to get it right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts