VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I'm 49, I'm a nurse, I work from home as a chart audittor. I live in Kansas City, MO. I'm level 2 with Sonia Choquette, and an Akashic Record's Practitioner. I was vegetarian for about 9 months, when I decided to go on a diet, discovered HCG, and fought it every step of the way, cause for the most part, it requires animal proteins to make it work. I wouldn't do a steak day, I couldn't eat that much meat, it grossed me out, and I gave it up. I slipped back into meat eating, still not being able to eat meat, or thick hamburgers, or anything thick. It was just gross. When I became vegetarian last year, I actually mourned not eating shrimp, but i have no idea why....I hardly ever eat it. lol

This was last year, so it's been about a year, since I was vegetarian. I found while being a vegetarian, I was able to better Akashic Record's readings, and had a closer connection to my higher self, and was closely connected to source energy...that's enough of the metaphysics. I learned cake decorating, got certified with it, and there went the weight again.

I bought a Groupon for a local yoga studio, and I almost gave it to my friend, but decided to use it. I used it, then I bought a month of unlimited classes. About the time I bought the month, I felt a shift in my food tastes, which is a good thing. I felt myself not wanting any meat. I found myself looking online for not only vegetarian recipes, but vegan recipes. I have a few vegan cookbooks, and when Trader Joe's opened, I wrote down the ingredients I needed, and affordably bought them.

Last Sunday, I made vegan cake pops (without coating, or sticks.) I ordered a vegan baking book. Etc....I got real sick last week, (I contribute that to an inflammatory reaction to ice cream, which I am actually allergic to, but was using it as my source of calcium.) it caused every joint to hurt, and a near asthmatic reaction, which milk causes for me, anyway. Cooked cheese doesn't, but why would I chance that again? To sustain, my family bought me a McDonald's cheeseburger plain, and I did eat it. I learned, while on HCG to hate the word cheating, I don't use it. I don't consider anything cheating on something like this. I do study the Law of Attraction, so it would stand to reason to feel a shift in my diet.

I do gentle hot yoga 3 times a week, sometimes 4, but I find it difficult on Sunday mornings, as much as I love the class, to do it, cause I can make my food for the next week. I haven't really said much to my 20 year old son, this time around, but, heck, he can see the Morning Star in the freezer. Last year he hated me being vegetarian. I think this year, he'll be more accepting of it. I haven't really told anyone, but it is going to have to come out. My best friend wants to go to the Cheesecake Factory on Saturday for 1/2 price cheesecakes, and after what I went thought with the dairy problem last week, no way. It doesn't even sound good. Infact, it sounds horrid. If I had known these yoga classes were available last year, I'd have already been doing them. It has done alot for me.

So, I'm vegetarian, vegan when I can be. Like, now, since I don't have raw cashews for playing around with cashew ricotta, no biggie....lol. I'm reading the book Crazy Vegan Life by Christina Pirello.

--Rhonda

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Hello!

I am not doing any classes for yoga or anything like that but the almost daily I have been doing at home has helped my sciatic pain immensely.

·
Give peas a chance
1,715 Posts
Welcome!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts